x

SCA confusion, do i need to do anything

I keep getting emails saying i need to do this SCA update, im not sure if it applies to me though, i use open cart as my checkout/store, i used the built in square extension in opencart, populating it with the details provided from my square account, my store only takes cards payments online, customers enter thier own details, i do not take payments over the phone or have card readers or terminals.

Message 1 of 11
Report Inappropriate Content
1 Best Answer
Super Seller

Best Answer

In that case I donโ€™t believe it is necessary for you to take any actions and you should continue to operate as you have done in the past 

Matt - He/They
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question!
mjdws
Shop MJD Photography
Visit MJD Web Services

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Super Seller

Best Answer

In that case I donโ€™t believe it is necessary for you to take any actions and you should continue to operate as you have done in the past 

Matt - He/They
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question!
mjdws
Shop MJD Photography
Visit MJD Web Services
Message 2 of 11
Admin

Welcome to the Seller Community @loady!

@MJD is right; as you are using one of our partner integration (OpenCart), you don't need to take any action! Our partners will work to upgrade their integration to make sure they meet the SCA requirements. 

If you are interested, you can read more about Strong Customer Authentication (SCA) here

Tra
Community Manager, Square
Have a burning question to ask in our Question of the Week? Share it with us!
Message 3 of 11

Hi, does that also apply to customers using Woocommerce? I keep getting the same emails. I use the Woocommerce Square extension on my website, and it functions just like Opencart process mentioned on this thread. Thanks.

Message 4 of 11
Admin

Hey @Breeztel, if you are using WooCommerce, no action is required. The app provider (WooCommerce) will manage SCA compliance on your behalf. 

Tra
Message 5 of 11

Many thanks.

Message 6 of 11

I use Go Daddy e commerce website with Square extension on my website, and it functions just like Open cart process mentioned on this thread. Thanks.

Message 7 of 11
Admin

Hey @MikeKerr, if you are using GoDaddy, then no action is required!

For context, sellers who are processing Square payments through a third-party app such as OpenCart, WooCommerce or GoDaddy do not need to do anything. The app provider will manage SCA compliance on your behalf. 

Tra
Message 8 of 11

I run a low-volume payment gateway on the website for a charity in the UK, using the โ€œSquare for WooCommerceโ€ plugin on Wordpress.

Having received a Final Reminder email from Square requiring all businesses offering online card payments on their website or app must use at least two methods of authentication to verify payments โ€“ in other words, to implement Secure Customer Authentication (SCA), I am trying to discover exactly what โ€“ if anything โ€“ I need to do.

The email states that; โ€œBusinesses and Partners that use Squareโ€™s developer products must update their Square Payment Form integrationโ€.

I know I set up a Developer account to test the integration, but Iโ€™m not sure if this applies to โ€œliveโ€ use as well. Squareโ€™s advice on its website indicates that โ€œSellers using Squareโ€™s products such as Square Online and Invoices do not need to make any changes as the products have been updated to meet SCA requirementsโ€; however, I donโ€™t know if I am using the Square Online product, or something else as I am integrated with WooCommerce.

Any clarity would be gratefully received!

Message 9 of 11
Admin

Hi @RiN, welcome to the Seller Community!

If you are using Square with WooCommerce, then no action is required. For context, sellers who are processing Square payments through a third-party app such as OpenCart, WooCommerce or GoDaddy do not need to do anything. The app provider will manage SCA compliance on your behalf. 

Tra
Message 10 of 11

Thanks for all your responses and clarification!

Message 11 of 11