x
Beta Member

Store Pickup Settings limited to same day orders only

I run a retail bakery with an inventoried perishable product that we don't resell the following day. Is it possible to make it so that pickups orders can only be scheduled within a certain window of time so that customers cannot place orders further than a single day?

We update our inventory at closing time every day which is when we start allowing orders to come in for the following day. If there could be a way to make an active ordering timeline option that starts over at the stores closing time each day that would amazing

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Alumni

Hi @TaylorP,

Thanks for your post in the Seller Community. 

I'd be happy to look into this for you. To make sure I'm understanding, can you provide an example using one of your items? Also if you have a URL for your store, that would be great too.

Please let me know by replying in this thread. I'll keep an eye out for your response.

Alex_
Community Moderator, Square // Moderador de la Comunidad, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Inicie seción y haga clic en Marcar como "Mejor Respuesta" si mi respuesta contesta su pregunta.
Message 2 of 12
Beta Member

1900online.square.site. 

to see what I’m talking about proceed to checkout and then schedule an order for a later date. My goal is to limit scheduled orders to only same day pickup without having to adjust my stores hours. 

Message 3 of 12
Alumni

Hi @TaylorP,

Thank you for your patience. I have checked in with our Weebly Team, and currently the option to limit pick up orders to the current day is a feature request. We cannot disable the system to limit pick up days.

We definitely see how it could benefit your business model. Our teams are constantly looking through our seller's feedback to make necessary improvements, and we will be sure to let you know if anything ever changes or if new updates are released. 

Alex_
Community Moderator, Square // Moderador de la Comunidad, Square
Inicie seción y haga clic en Marcar como "Mejor Respuesta" si mi respuesta contesta su pregunta.
Message 4 of 12
Beta Member

We definitely would love that option. There has been a lot of confusion here today with folks placing orders for next week (and not even realizing it). As our flavors and inventory change daily, we will be updating our stock counts every morning. Being able to limit the days would be a game changer! Thanks!!!

Message 5 of 12
Beta Member

Hey there, does anyone know if it is possible to set Square Online ordering to accept same-day orders only but not be limited to ASAP orders only? We'd like to restrict orders to be pre ordered for future dates, but still allow them to schedule the order for any time of the current day. I am familiar with the ability to set fulfillment times and mark days as unavailable, however, do not see an ability to only allow same-day ordering as an option without making it ASAP. 

Being a bakery with set inventory per day, we have a problem with inventory not being accurate now that customers can schedule orders in advance. ie: if someone orders today for pickup later this week, it is reducing the inventory today for that sale. With no solution for advanced inventory, the thought is if we ONLY allowed same-day ordering (but still allowing customers to schedule a pickup time for the same-day) then we will eliminate our inventory issue and be much more organized with our customer organized. 

Please let me know!

Message 6 of 12
Alumni

Hey there @Danny-

Found the thread you're looking for. Your question was asked and answered on a similar thread. Moved your post so your can see it. 

Justin
Community Moderator, Square
Message 7 of 12
Beta Member

@JustinC I do not see the thread that you're mentioning. Can you paste a link here? Thanks

Message 8 of 12
Alumni

Apologies, here's the thread. What you're asking for is currently a feature request. @Danny-

Justin
Community Moderator, Square
Message 9 of 12
Beta Member

Square team, there are so many challenges faced by bakeries with online ordering capabilities that aren't available. Please please listen to your bakery customers! Inventory and ordering is a disaster for bakeries! If we don't have advanced inventory features where we can set inventory in advance per-day (therefore properly attributing orders scheduled in the future to the inventory of the appropriate day of pickup), then a simple solution such as this - only allowing people to schedule an order for same-day and not in the future would be a very large help!

Message 10 of 12
Beta Member

Any update on this?!?  

Message 11 of 12
Admin

Hey @Proper, thank you for writing in! At the moment, we don't have an update for this particular feature request but we'll follow up as soon as we have more information to share. 

Tra
Community Manager, Square
Have a burning question to ask in our Question of the Week? Share it with us!
Message 12 of 12