x

Set pickup location once per month?

Our store has one physical location and 6 pickup locations.

Each of the pickup locations only happen once per month (for example, the second Tuesday of the month at 8 a.m.).

It seems the Square/Weebly store integration only allows for pickup locations to be set by weekday and time... with no option for choosing just one particular recurring schedule per month (for example, first Mondays at 10 a.m. or third Fridays at 10 a.m.).

Is this correct or am I missing something that would enable a once-monthly pickup per location? Without this recurring once-a-month functionality per pickup location, I won't be able to use the Weebly online store function.

Message 1 of 8
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Hey @born-wild-raw,

Thanks for reaching out!

At the moment Online Store doesn't feature booking pickup slots on a calendar basis - it sounds like what you're trying to do here is unfortunately a little beyond the scope of the intended functionality of Square Online Store!

You could also try looking into Square Appointments. It features a calendar based booking system, but note that it's not going to have the same multi location pickup system as Online Store and is more or less intended to reserve a time slot for services one person at a time (eg for a hairdresser booking appointments with clients).

I don't think there are any existing Square products that will cover everything you need here in the one place, so it might be a case of using workarounds such as setting up multiple Appointments pages for different locations, of adding messaging to your online store clarifying which dates pickup is applicable at which location.

Let me know if you have any questions, or feel free to call our team on 1800 760 137!

Seamus
Square, Australia
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Admin

Best Answer

Hey @born-wild-raw,

Thanks for reaching out!

At the moment Online Store doesn't feature booking pickup slots on a calendar basis - it sounds like what you're trying to do here is unfortunately a little beyond the scope of the intended functionality of Square Online Store!

You could also try looking into Square Appointments. It features a calendar based booking system, but note that it's not going to have the same multi location pickup system as Online Store and is more or less intended to reserve a time slot for services one person at a time (eg for a hairdresser booking appointments with clients).

I don't think there are any existing Square products that will cover everything you need here in the one place, so it might be a case of using workarounds such as setting up multiple Appointments pages for different locations, of adding messaging to your online store clarifying which dates pickup is applicable at which location.

Let me know if you have any questions, or feel free to call our team on 1800 760 137!

Seamus
Square, Australia
Message 2 of 8

I am having the same issue.  Our schools' store selling school branded items provides once or twice a month drive thru pickups between the hours of 1:30-4:30 Two Thursdays a month (excluding school breaks).  Wondering if I could use the appointment system?  I placed a banner in the beginning of the site which notes pickup dates however at the end when checking out, there is a different date displayed based on your designated store hours.  With store hours, I tried to not have any since we are not a physical store.  It requires at least one day when you list store hours.  Upon checkout, the message selects the day that you are open as the date that they state the customer can come by to pickup the item.  Need help!

Message 3 of 8
Admin

Hey @ShamrockShoppe,

Thanks for reaching out.

At the moment Square Online and Appointments are no quite geared to be able to handle a set pickup time for a group of people.

We are tracking a couple of feature requests that would potentially help here in the future, though I don't have an ETA of when these features may be available - these would be group bookings for Appointments and set / specific pickup times for Square Online.

In the meantime I'd recommend communicating set pickup times with your customers outside of using Square's products to create these bookings. You could still take payments using Square Online, however you'd need to clearly note that pickup times are at a time you set rather than what the system says.

To avoid confusion you may also go a different way about it, such as sending Invoices to make payments and noting the pickup time in the "messages" section of the invoice.

Seamus
Square, Australia
Message 4 of 8

We are selling our products on the square site / Weebly while also taking Square payments.  That is when the customer sees the wrong pickup date when checking out.  Not sure how providing an invoice will alleviate the customer being confused and/or showing up on the wrong date to pickup?

Message 5 of 8
Admin

Hey @ShamrockShoppe,

Invoices were suggested as an alternative to using Square Online, given it doesn't currently have the ability to provide pickup times in the way you're looking to use them

You'd have to weigh up the overall benefit as to whether it's worth sticking to the online shop and communicating about pickup dates vs changing to an emailed invoice based approach to selling the goods.

Seamus
Square, Australia
Message 6 of 8

If a customer logged onto the schools' square website, clicked on a few items to purchase, I would then invoice them instead of get their payment via Square?  I would need to understand the steps on how I would set them up to be invoiced and make it so that they are not automatically charged on their credit card via square correct?

Message 7 of 8
Admin

Hey @ShamrockShoppe,

For clarity, invoicing was suggested as an alternative to using a website altogether.

Invoices and Square Online are two separate products that don't talk to one another and emailing your customers invoices would forgo the use of an online store for these transactions.

You'd need to know in advance what your customers are ordering, then email them an invoice for those items and they can make a payment via a link in the email - it sounds like maybe this isn't a great alternative if you're looking for customers to choose their own items and place orders themselves!

Seamus
Square, Australia
Message 8 of 8