x

Site is showing as unsecure. How do I add SSL?

Hi guys, I was under the impression that SSL is automatically added to a Square site with a subscription?

I'm building a site for a friend, the site has a custom domain, and is password protected at the moment as it isn't ready to be live... however, the site shows as unsecure.

How do I add SSL, is it not part of the subscription package.

domain is www.saltysoulskidsco.com.au

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Admin

Hey @SaltySouls,

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the Community!

Have you recently made any changes to the domain DNS records? If so note that it can take a couple of days to update on the back end.

You'll also need to ensure the domain is properly pointed to our IP address, that there are no AAAA records, and that the SSL is enabled. Have you followed these steps in setting up the domain?

Seamus
Square, Australia
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 4

Hi Seamus,

Yes all the steps have been followed and the domain points to the IP address and associated A Records. There are no AAA records.

Do I need to purchase SSL through my domain provider? I was under the impression this was part of the Square subscription.

Message 3 of 4
Admin

@SaltySouls SSL should be included - the next step here would be contact Support so they can take a better look at your account. If you can get a solution there please report back as the solution may help others who read this thread in the future!

You can call our Australian support team on 1800 760 137. Lines are open Mon-Fri, 9am-5pm Melbourne time.

Seamus
Square, Australia
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 4