x

Some of the items in your cart are no longer available

We are very frequently getting the following error message when customers try to check out using our online store. This is really frustrating and it seems to happen completely randomly on various items. This has nothing to do with category availability times or our stock management.  Has anybody had the same issue or know of a fix? So far Square support have been very unhelpful. Thanks in advance. 

“Some of the items in your cart are no longer available. Return to your cart to remove those items and try checking out again.”

Message 1 of 19
Report Inappropriate Content
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Hi @pilgrims, I just want to follow up and let you know our team have rolled out a fix for this issue, so the error shouldn't occur again.

If you're still seeing this, please let me know and I can definitely push back to the team again!

Tra
Community Manager, Square
Have a burning question to ask in our Question of the Week? Share it with us!

View Best Answer >

Message 3 of 19
18 REPLIES 18
Admin

Hi @pilgrims, I'm so sorry to hear you are experiencing this issue! 

From digging into this, this looks like a bug that our team are tracking. I've reached out to the engineering team here to see if we have a fix roll out yet. Once I have an update from the team, I'll be sure to follow up and let you know right away. 

Tra
Message 2 of 19
Admin

Best Answer

Hi @pilgrims, I just want to follow up and let you know our team have rolled out a fix for this issue, so the error shouldn't occur again.

If you're still seeing this, please let me know and I can definitely push back to the team again!

Tra
Message 3 of 19

Hi, I've come across this thread because this same problem is happening when my clients try to purchase an item. THere is an x and a message that says 'not available' . My item is a hypnotherapy session so there is no 'stock' to run out. I don't know why this is happening nor what I can do about this. 

Message 4 of 19
Admin

Sorry to hear you're experiencing this issue @kleitzell

The original issue reported in this thread has been resolved. In this case, I'd like to take a further look on my end. Would you mind sharing a link to your website with me so I can test this out? 

Tra
Message 5 of 19

Message 6 of 19
Admin

Thanks for sharing that @kleitzell

I had a look just now on my end and I was able to add sessions to my cart and get to the checkout page. It's possible I'm missing a step - do you happen to know which particular session the customer was looking to purchase, and when exactly the error message come up for them? Was this after they've entered their card details and click place order or?

One thing to note: the Smoking Session and the Regular Sessions have different fulfilment method, so it isn't possible to check both of them out at the same time. Would this be the error message that the customers are seeing? 

Screenshot 2021-10-21 at 14.26.50.png

Tra
Message 7 of 19

Hello Guys, We have just had this error kick up randomly for the last couple of weeks now. Please can someone have  a look at this for us? Thanks!!

Message 8 of 19
Square Community Moderator

Hey @Chargroves1, sorry to hear this. I'd be happy to take a look into this for you. Would you mind sharing a link to your website here? This will help me investigate the root cause of the error message you are seeing. Thanks!

Message 9 of 19
Beta Member

Sure! It’s orderyuzustreetfood.com

Thanks!!

Message 10 of 19

While you're at it - please look into ordersimplyfood.com. We haven't gotten an online order all month because we didn't know there was an issue. The error occurs after customers input their credit card info. 

Message 11 of 19

Hey @simplyfood, thank you for your post and I'm sorry to hear your website is not working as expected. 

I just had a quick look at your website and I was able to ass things to your basket and enter my card details without issue. Additionally, it looks like you are based in the US. If you continue to experience this issue, I recommend getting in touch with our US support team on 1-855-700-6000. We’re available from Monday to Friday, 6am to 6pm, PST. Our team will be happy to assist you in resolving this for you. 

Let me know if you need anything else!

Message 12 of 19

Even though this post has been marked as resolved, I can assure it is still a major issue for us and seriously affects our business. This has been ongoing for over two years with no support from square. Please resolve this as I'm sure many other businesses are experiencing the same issue. I can confirm this has nothing to do with category availability times or our stock management.

Message 13 of 19

Thank you for that, @Chargroves. And I'm sorry to hear that @pilgrims

I was, unfortunately, unable to replicate the issue on my end using @Chargroves' s website. 

Could you both try putting an order through on both of your guys' websites that would replicate the error message, take a screenshot, and attach it under this thread, please? This will help me understand the issue better and help me escalate to relevant teams if applicable. Thanks!

Message 14 of 19

Could you provide what in setup process prompts the error message?

Steve Ranco
Message 15 of 19

Error message:

'Some of the items in your cart are no longer available. Return to your cart to remove those items and try checking out again.'

Has our campaigne st a dead stop. Where is the set up process prompts this message?

PCCWbrook

Steve Ranco
Message 16 of 19
Admin

Hi @PCCCWbrook, thanks for flagging this. 

This message would appear when your stock level for this particular item reaches 0 if you have stock tracking enabled. 

Other than that, this message can appear if you are using Time-based Categories. 

Let me know if either of these options are set up on your account. 

Breffni
Community Moderator, Ireland, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question
Message 17 of 19

Hi @Breffni 

We are using time-based categories and this has been happening quite often (which is a massive inconvenience in the middle of the service as we rely a lot on the QR Code). Are there any solutions to it? Manually making the category available "at all times" is also a bit inconvenient as we need to keep updating it manually after service.

Message 18 of 19
Admin

Hi @bossanovacafe, sorry to hear you're running into this. 

Is this happening during the times you have those categories enabled? Timed Based Categories work within the confines of your store's pickup and delivery hours, so it might be that when these orders are coming through it may be outside of your fulfilment settings. 

This means that regardless of the QR codes if items belong to time-based categories, the hours set for the time-based categories must fall within active Pickup/Delivery hours.

Breffni
Community Moderator, Ireland, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question
Message 19 of 19