x

Some sale items only showing sale price whilst browsing website

Some of my sale items aren’t showing the original price with a cross through it, meaning whilst browsing my shop items, the shopper can’t see how much they are saving? Only when you click through to the product page does it show the original & sale price. Been having this issue on and off for a few months now but it seems to be getting worse. Some of my sale items are fine, yet randomly some of my items are experiencing this issue. Anyone else having the same issue?

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Admin

Hey @Eekafreaka,

Sorry to hear you're having trouble with your online store! How soon was it roughly between making changes and posting this thread? I'm wondering if it may have just taken a few minutes to sync changes?

If it's been more than 20 minutes though I'd recommend getting in touch with support for further help here - they'll be able to take a look into the account setup, which is something we're not able to do here. You can call our support team on 1800 760 137. Lines are open Mon-Fri, 9am-5pm Melbourne time!

For reference I just tried this out myself and it looks like things worked as intended pretty quickly, and there don't appear to be any widespread issues with this function at the moment - another thought is once you made changes to the item sale prices, did you make sure to press the "save" button in the top corner?

Seamus
Square, Australia
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 8

Hey Seamus, it's been an ongoing issue for me for a while now. I checked my site again just to make sure and nothing has changed. The sale price has been saved for sure & is visible. It's the original price which is not showing while browsing items on the website. Will have to give them a call, ta.

Message 3 of 8

I have put an item on sale, but online it shows the full price until you add it to the cart.   Is there a way to show that it is discounted before this point?

Message 4 of 8
Square Community Moderator

Hi there, @fairdinkum - thanks for reaching out to us to bring this to our attention. I'd be happy to take a look into this with you.

In order to do so, could you please provide a link to your website?

I'll keep an eye out for your reply 👀

Violet
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 5 of 8

I am having the same type of issue with one variation.  The sale price is showing when you view it as an item on an item page, BUT if you view it on a catalogue page or the front page, it shows only the full price.

How long between publish and checking - 3+ hours.

Has this changed since I last listed a sale item - yes

Below is the online build site (left) and the published site (right)  I can see facebook/instagram pushing people to the site, and this should be an easy sale but the lack of sale tags is hurting.

mhweft_0-1705816877802.png

Message 6 of 8

Hey there @mhweft

I am going to escalate this to our product team to take a look at why this may be happening. I will be back when I hear back from them! Thanks for your patience 😀

Message 7 of 8

Hey @mhweft

Good news! 😀 The sales tags should be showing everywhere and not just the individual item pages! 

Go ahead and double check, and let me know if you need anything else! 

Message 8 of 8