x
Super Seller Alumni

Square New Online Store - A Thread of Questions & Answers

Hey Fellow Sellers!

With the launch of the New Square Online Store, the amazing @AdamB from the Weebly Team has kindly offered to answer some of my ridiculously detailed & in the weeds questions, on a thread on this wonderful Seller Community.

So here are my questions, and I'm sure he'd be happy to answer yours too in the comments below!

It might take him some time, since it's all new, so let's be super nice & grateful & patient & excited with the new knowledge of the new product!

1. Customers
1.A. Are customers able to set up Profiles that they can log into & save their information?

1.B. Are customers able to save their credit card information for future purchases?

1.C. Is Apple Pay an option for easy Credit Card information input?

1.D. Is customer information from purchases synced into the Square Customer Directory like the old Online Store?

2. Modifiers

2.A. How do Modifiers sync & import?

2.B. Are there advanced Modifier settings (such as select only up to 2 options)?

3. Loyalty & Marketing Rewards

3.A. Is Loyalty Integrated so that Customers earn points?

3.B. Are Loyalty Rewards integrated so that a customer can use their Rewards?

3.C. Are Marketing Campaign Coupons/Rewards integrated so a Customer can use their 6 digit Birthday or 6 Digit Coupon Code?

4. Items & Reporting

4.A. I know that items & all that integrates, but it says that Categories do not integrate. Why and what are the implications of that?

4.B. When I make a sale of an item, what happens on the Square Reporting side for that item sale? Does it still get sorted into the correct Category, or is a second item in a separate or non existing category created?

5. Order Management

5.A. I know that there is an order Management Page on the Web Dashboard. Do the orders also import into Square POS Orders Tab just like the old online store, where I can manage orders from there? Mark as Ready for Pickup, and Completed?

5.B. Does the customer get an email address and/or text message when the order is placed with their Order/Receipt #?

5.C. When I mark as Ready for Pickup does the customer get a text message at that moment?

6. Site & Domain

6.A. Is the page just a landing page like the old Square Online store, or is it a full website with multiple pages like a Full Weebly store site? 

6.B. What is the default domain look like?
6.C. Is there still a free basic Editable Domain / URL in the basic plan? What does that look like?

6.D. For the higher plan with a complete Custom Domain, how does that work if my site is currently purchased & hosted through Wordpress.com?

7. Gift Cards

7.A. The info says that you can buy & redeem gift cards. I know that both Plastic & eGift Cards can be redeemed. Is it only Buying eGift Cards, or are Plastic Gift Cards also purchaseable through the site?

8. Advanced Plans - Marketing Tools & Insights

8.A. What does the Instagram Integration entail?

8.B. What are the Lead Capture & Contact Forms?

8.C. What are the integrated Facebook Ads?

8.D. What are the site statistics?

8.E. What are the Advanced eCommerce Statistics?

I think that's all for now!

Thanks again so much for all of the help, Adam!
Pesso

Pesso - he/him
Pesso's Ices & Ice Cream
Square Super Seller - I'm here to help!
Message 1 of 58
1 Best Answer
Super Seller Alumni

Best Answer

So incredibly, so many new features have been implemented in the new Square Online Store, and since a lot of people are coming to this thread to find their answers, I figured I'd come back here and answer my own questions - most of which are now a big "Yes!"

I've been using the new Online Store for a few months now, and absolutely love it!

I'll continue to update this post as things are added!

So here we go:

1. Customers

1.A. Are customers able to set up Profiles/Accounts?

Customer-Manageable Accounts/Profiles complete with Log-In information are not exactly available yet, but:

1.B. Are customers able to save their credit card information for future purchases?

Yes! Customers are now able to save their Payment information for future purchases through Square Pay, which is attached to their email address. The next time they order, as soon as they enter in their Email Address, they will automatically get a Text Message with a 6-Digit Confirmation code, which once entered will autopopulate the rest of their contact info & payment info.

1.C. Is Apple Pay an option for easy Credit Card information input?

Yes! Apple Pay and Google Pay are available as easy payment methods!

1.D. Is customer information synced into the Square Customer Directory?

Yes! Customer information after payment is synced into the Customer Square Directory!

2. Modifiers

2.A. How do Modifiers import?

Modifiers are imported directly through Square Sync - easy!

2.B. Are there advanced Modifier settings (select up to 2 options)?

Yes! There are some advanced modifier settings, like Select Up to 2 Options!

3. Loyalty & Marketing Rewards

3.A. Is Loyalty Integrated so that Customers earn points?

Yes! As long as your Point Earnings are not Category Based, Customers can earn points on their Online Store Purchases

3.B. Are Loyalty Rewards integrated so that a customer can use their Rewards?

Yes! As long as your Rewards are not Category Based, Customers can Redeem their Rewards on their Online Store Purchases

3.C. Are Marketing Campaign Coupons/Rewards integrated so a Customer can use their 6 digit Birthday or 6 Digit Coupon Code?

Yes! Newly created Square Marketing Campaign Coupons & rewards are integrated and work on your Square Online store. 

Other Discounts/Coupons can be also created in the Square Online Overview Page.

4. Items and Reporting

4.A. I know that items & all that integrates, but it says that Categories do not integrate. Why and what are the implications of that?

Categories from Square can sort of sync over, so can either create new Categories on the online store, or port them over. But you don't have to if you don't want to.

4.B. When I make a sale of an item, what happens on the Square Reporting side for that item sale? Does it still get sorted into the correct Category, or is a second item in a separate or non existing category created?

Sales on the Online Store will show up as the standard Square Categories on the Square Reports. 

5. Order Management

5.A. I know that there is an order Management Page on the Square Online Overview Page. Do the orders import into Square POS Orders Tab just like the old online store, where I can manage orders from there? Mark as Ready for Pickup, and Completed?

Yes! Online Store Orders will show up on the Orders Tab on Square POS.

5.B. Does the customer get an email address and/or text message when the order is placed with their Order/Receipt #?

Yes! Customers will receive an email confirmation/receipt with their order information and number.

5.C. When I mark as Ready for Pickup does the customer get a text message at that moment?

Yes! Customers will automatically receive an Email Update when you mark as "Ready for Pickup" and can opt-in to receive a Text Message Update as well.

6. Site & Domain

6.A. Is the page just a landing page like the old Square Online store, or is it a full website with multiple pages like a Standard Weebly store?

You can build either a single page or a full site with multiple pages.

6.B. Is there still a free basic Editable Domain / URL in the basic plan? What does that look like?

Yes! You can set up your custom Square-Hosted Domain - "_____.square.site" with whatever you'd like to fill in the blank.

6.C. For the higher plan with a complete Custom Domain, how does that work if my site is currently purchased & hosted through Wordpress.com?

To quote @AdamB "You can continue paying for your domain through your current Registrar; all you'd need to do is point the domain to us. When you try to connect the domain in your site settings, it should prompt you and tell you what IP address to update your DNS records to." You can also alternatively transfer over your domains to Square Online, which is what I ended up doing.

7. Gift Cards

7.A. The info says that you can buy & redeem gift cards. I know that both Plastic & eGift Cards can be redeemed. Is it only Buying eGift Cards, or are Plastic Gift Cards also purchaseable through the site?

Again to quote @AdamB "We don't currently offer plastic/physical gift cards, although you can use eGift cards that are created through your Square account and use them with the online store: https://www.weebly.com/app/help/topics/gift-cards"

I hope this helps a bunch of people, and let me know if you have any other questions! Happy to help others with the new Online Store!
Pesso

Pesso - he/him
Pesso's Ices & Ice Cream

View Best Answer >

Message 3 of 58
57 REPLIES 57

Hi Ashley,

It doesn't seem to matter what time. There were orders placed 5am on Wednesday morning that had email confirmations that said pickup Tuesday. The top of the shopping page, however, says pickup on Friday, which would be correct.

So, I've been emailing customers immediately when I receive the orders to let them know the correct delivery day.

Message 43 of 58
Square Community Moderator

Thanks for letting me know. I definitely want to have our Weebly Support team take a look at this ASAP so you can have more time on our hands for running your business. Please contact them at your earliest convenience and they can take a look at the details of your account. 

AshleyK
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 44 of 58

This is great info. Thank you!

Message 45 of 58
Super Seller Alumni

So I've noticed there are 3 different pages to view an item- 

1. Lightbox through Store Page - A popup window over the page with only 1 photo

pessosices.square.store

2. Checkout Link - a no detail page with just buying options.

https://checkout.square.site/buy/RFIKCIZHJLHA3NNRI643WT42

3. Direct Link - a full detail page with all photos & details

https://pessosices.weebly.com/product/italian-ice/107

The #1 Lightbox is a bit hard to navigate on Mobile, and is missing photos.
The #2 Checkout Link is the default way to link to a specific item, but it's super bland and no way to get back to the rest of the items.

The #3 Direct Link is my favorite view with the most details & branding, and ways to get back to the rest of the store. But it's hard to find where to get this link, and nothing directs to it.

So here are my requests:

a. Option to Disable Lightbox and have clicks on the Online Store go directly to the #3 Direct Links (not checkout links)

b. Get rid of Checkout Links, and have them just be the #3 Direct Links

Thanks!

Pesso - he/him
Pesso's Ices & Ice Cream
Message 46 of 58

@pessosices 

I second the "a. Option to Disable Lightbox and have clicks on the Online Store go directly to the #3 Direct Links (not checkout links)" suggestion.

Message 47 of 58

Why is the performance plan of the Square online store $79 per month while the performance plan direct from Weebly is only $29 per month? What are the differences? I understand the site creation tools on Square are not even as good as those on Weebly proper, so what would I be paying $50/mo more for? 

Message 48 of 58

@PNWCrafts I hear you! I think you are looking at the wrong plans together. Performance for Square's Online Store is 26/mo when billed annually and the Premium plan is 72/month when billed annually, and that has the same features as the Performance plan for Weebly sites.

AshleyK
Message 49 of 58

Hi everyone, We are considering using square to become an ecommerce option for guests to purchase their products and gift certificates online. 

Do you need to have a Square point of sale unit, or can you use which ever machine you have?

Message 50 of 58
Alumni

You don't need a POS set up to sell online. You can manage online orders through Dashboard using a computer. However, Square's online Store does not integrate with other POS systems. 

@miltonsalon

Justin
Message 51 of 58

Thank you @JustinC that is helpful. 
does that mean to say that because it is not cashing through on a square network that the inventory will not be updated? 

Message 52 of 58
Super Seller Alumni

@miltonsalon 

Sales through the Square Online Store will update your Square inventory.

Sales through the Square Online Store will probably not update your Non-Square inventory.

Sales through a separate non-Square-POS system will probably not update your Square inventory.

Square eGift Cards will also not work on a non-Square-POS system, but will work on a Square Online Store.

I hope this helps!

Pesso - he/him
Pesso's Ices & Ice Cream
Message 53 of 58

So I have a shopping website on Square, and I was wondering if it's possible to add a function for customers to create a shopper account on the website. Thanks!

Message 54 of 58

@jmcstudios Hi!! Welcome to the Seller Community. 🙂

Yes, customers are able to create profiles for themselves for easier checkout. I've merged your post to an existing thread where @pessosices asks the same questions. Checkout the best answer for all the details. Of course, let me know if you have any other questions!

AshleyK
Message 55 of 58

I am a little confused. The Best Answer says that members can't create profiles, but you're saying they can.

Message 56 of 58

Hey there, @jmcstudios

For your team member to get their own profile, you will have to add them to your Team. They will get an invitation to set up their profile. 

Check out this Support Article for more info on starting Team Management. 

Kassi
Message 57 of 58
Super Seller Alumni

Hey @jmcstudios 

To clarify, Customers can save their payment information to their Email Address for easy checkout.

What that means is that the next time they order, as soon as they put in their email address, it will send them a Text Message with a 6 digit code, that once entered will auto populate all of the rest of their contact information & payment info. Super awesome.

It's not a full fledged account per se, but sort of a pseudo account that accomplishes the goal of quick checkout with saved payment info.

Recently a feature has been added where your site can sometimes show the customers' most recent items purchased, but again it is not yet a full account where they can see all of their previous orders and log into the account and all of that. At least not yet.

Square is always adding new features and this seems to be something that may be working on, as shown by the new related features being added.

I hope that helps clear things up!

Pesso - he/him
Pesso's Ices & Ice Cream
Message 58 of 58