x

Square Online Error: This item is not available for shipping

Hi,

When my customer's add-in products to their cart and click out they received the message, "This item is not available for shipping." on their cart. All my products are available for shipping and I only have one location set up on my account. Can you please help me get this fixed?

Kind regards,

Analaura 

Message 1 of 52
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Great news! A fix has been implemented by our Engineering Team.

🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉

Your site should be functioning as normal now, without any errors related to items not being available for shipping.

If you're not seeing the fix take effect on your site yet, please follow @Soldier58 's suggestion to un-tick the 'shipping' box on each item that doesn't show as available for shipping, and then re-tick the box OR untick the "shipping" under Square Online > Checkout > Advanced Settings >Default Fulfillment. That should trigger the fix.

If you are still experiencing this issue, please comment back on this thread and @ me! Thank you all for your help on this 💡

️ Isabelle | she/her
Seller Community & Super Seller Program Manager | Square, Inc.
Learn about the Super Seller program!

View Best Answer >

Message 40 of 52
51 REPLIES 51
Admin

Hey @AnabayDesigns!

Is there anything else in their cart when they add this item? What is the item and your URL?

Let me know so I can look into this further 💡

️ Isabelle | she/her
Message 2 of 52

Did this ever get figured out? I'm having the same problem (every POTENTIAL customer getting the message 'The item not available for shipping') and can't figure it out!

Message 3 of 52

The workaround that worked for me was to un-tick the 'shipping' box on each item that doesn't show as available for shipping, and then re-tick the box.

Johanna Kelly
Soldier58: Modern style with a past.
Message 4 of 52

Hi Isabelle,

It happens whenever you add in any items on my website. My URL is (www.anabaydesign.com). Follow the steps below to see what I am referring to.

Step 1: Add any items to your cart.

Step 2: After you add an item to your cart click on Anabay Designs logo (home)

Step 3: Then click on the cart and you will notice the message " This item is not available for shipping."

Workaround: A workaround I found was when you add/delete an item on your cart, the messaging is no longer there and you can check out but if you go home again then the message pops up.

Message 5 of 52
Admin

Hey @AnabayDesigns-

Thank you for the reply. Just to be clear - do some of these items have different fulfillment types (ex. ship, digital, pickup only)?

️ Isabelle | she/her
Message 6 of 52

They all have the fulfillment as Shipping.

Message 7 of 52
Admin

Hey @AnabayDesigns and @ankefriesland!

Thanks for your reply. I tried this on my own and received the same error:

I went ahead and filed a ticket with our Engineering Team. They're investigating now. I will let you know as soon as I get a reply. They may have some follow up questions which I may be able to ask in here, or they'll have a Support Team member email you. Thank you for your efforts! 

Also @AnabayDesigns just have to say that I love what you've done with your site! Looks great 😊

️ Isabelle | she/her
Message 8 of 52

Thank you!!  I am looking forward to getting this resolved.  🙂

Message 9 of 52

I am having this same issue, can you please direct the support team to me and my site as well?

Message 10 of 52
Admin

Hey @shondra09! I went ahead and merged your post to this thread as it seems like you're experiencing the same issue as @AnabayDesigns @ankefriesland and @Marge59!

I just want you to know that I did escalate this to our Engineering Team and am adding your Square accounts to the ticket I filed with Engineering as impacted sellers. I'll post when I have an update. Thank you all for your patience 💡🌟

️ Isabelle | she/her
Message 11 of 52

Yes, thank you for your help. I too, have just become aware of this, but have been very concerned about my sales for at least a few weeks, maybe longer. Until today, no customer notified me about it. I will very much appreciate expedited help on this. Times are tough and losing sales this way is extremely distressing.

I will also appreciate any update on what is being done to address it.

Thank you very much,

Marge Margulies

Message 12 of 52

I am having the same issue. Exactly as the others have mentioned. I am relatively new to this format and also have mine set to Shipping. Please merge my info with the others. Thanks

Message 13 of 52

This started happening with our items as well. It worked as of Tuesday, January 19th but after that people were not able to purchase the item. We have only one type of item on our site (dance class) but several entries for each day we offer our class.

Workaround: create new items as "pick up" but now the information we get when people order is limited to email and phone (if they enter it). Previously, we got name, address, email, phone, etc.

SambaViva

Message 14 of 52
Admin

Thanks for weighing in here @CB_NW_Jigs and @sambaviva. I've added you both to the ticket as impacted sellers. Due to the amount of similar reports in this thread, it's become a high priority for our Engineers.

Thank you and stay tuned! 

📈📈📈📈

️ Isabelle | she/her
Message 15 of 52

I am having this same issue! I have checked fulfillments, weight, and everything. I even changed the setting under square sync and have done every other recommendation that I found from researching the issue.

Message 16 of 52

me too, have done every thing I read or could think of myself. This does not appear to be a settings or internal problem with our individual sites. I am WAITING for them to let us know what they are doing to address it.

I will appreciate hearing about anything you find out as well.

Message 17 of 52
Admin

We've deployed a fix on our end but it's still rolling out. I can't promise that all of you are up and running again - but it sounds like things are starting to recover. 

@ankefriesland @Marge59  @CB_NW_Jigs  @sambaviva @AnabayDesigns @vkirby822

I'll be back with a final update once the bug/issue is marked as fully resolved on my end. 

🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟

️ Isabelle | she/her
Message 18 of 52

Thank you

Message 19 of 52

Hello Isabelle, Can you please update me on what, if anything, is being done to address this issue?

My last sale was on January 16th, and I am tremendously concerned that my customers are giving up on me because they mistakenly think the items are not available to ship!

I will appreciate any information at all.

Thank you,

Marge Margulies

Message 20 of 52

I had the same problem, I didn't know why sales were down for the last 4 weeks or so until a customer mentioned on Saturday that a couple of items she wanted weren't available for shipping.  I went in and both the 'shipping' box and the 'pick up' box were ticked on those items so there shouldn't have been a problem.

Workaround: untick the 'shipping' box then re-tick it and then it showed up as available for shipping.

Johanna Kelly
Soldier58: Modern style with a past.
Message 21 of 52