x
Beta Member

Square Online Item Sync Delay

Has anyone else has any sync delays? It's taking hours and hours for it to sync new items. Its getting worst and worst.

I have already contacted support in the last few days and they keep telling me theres a delay in syncing everytime I call in.

Is Square going to fix this?

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Square Community Moderator

Hello @Provision 

We have received no other reports of this happening here at the community, but we know when there's delays, it can take up to 24 hours for items to sync. 

How long has it been at this point? 

I'm sure if our team is aware they are addressing the issue, but without at ticket number, it's hard for me to check on the progress. Did our team provide you with a case/ticket number?

Let me know! 

Thank you.

Frances
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 13
Beta Member

It has been 3 hours but its like this for days now. These delays is really fustrating, We have to wait up to up 24 hours after creating an item on Square Dashboard to finish adding a new item properly, is really inconvenient.

Message 3 of 13

We understand how frustrating it can be to not have your items sync. 

How do you normally add your items? 

Let me know so I can better assist! @Provision 

Frances
Message 4 of 13
Beta Member

Hello,

I create them on Square Dashboard then head over to Square Online and add new item.

The add new item part is what takes forever. It use to be fast and painless. Now its painful and hectic.

Message 5 of 13

There are three different ways to add items, via the Dashboard, via Square Online, and via the app. 

If you have been adding your items using the dashboard, I would recommend switching to another method to see if that works better for you. 

Let me know if that works! @Provision 

Frances
Message 6 of 13
Beta Member

The Ecom department has confrimmed that there is a problem with syncing. Other methods is not possbile for me as im part of Beta that requires me to add new items via daashboard.

Message 7 of 13
Beta Member

Is there an update on this? I am constantly having this issue with my items added in Dashboard..

Message 8 of 13

Hey @redrocksaddlery, 👋

Really sorry to hear you're experiencing item sync delays. Just to confirm, have you had a chance to chat with our Support Team about this yet? They can take a look at your account alongside you to try and identify the cause of the issue. Whenever you're ready, you can reach out to them by logging into your Square account and heading here.

In the meantime, we’d be happy to take a look into this with you. Please feel free to send through any additional information when you can.

Message 9 of 13

Dude, I can't even sync my products from the online library to my item library, and m y printful products only sync to square library, this started March 14th and I have talked to square everyday for hours, on chat, email and voice.. they said this is most likely a bug in their system and have no eta on a fix... unfortunately if its not fixed in the next couple of days I'll haveto leave them for another.. can't do business without products... oh and how was their customer service? chat cut me off 27 times over 5 days, because they time out and you have to start over again.

Wish you luck, I'll let you know what I find out

Message 10 of 13
Beta Member

Yes, we have sync delays all the time---add a product on online library and then go to POS and it won't show up for a while. We need it to show up on the POS to add tax, scan the barcode,etc..... its getting so frustrating.

Message 11 of 13

I completely understand the frustration, @redrocksaddlery

The syncing is meant to be instant or within a couple of minutes. I do recall at one point, though, that support advised it can (very rarely) take up to 24 hours. I'm not sure if anything has changed on the backend that would shorten the expected timeframe, but I can definitely check with the advanced support team after the weekend. 

Have you ever tried uploading to POS to let it sync to the Square Online dashboard? What type of internet connection are you using? When I speak with support I will ask them if they have any other tips or suggestions for you as well.

I'm sorry again for the frustrating experience thus far. Please feel free to @ me in this thread if you do not hear back from me or a teammate by Tuesday or Wednesday. 

Message 12 of 13
Beta Member

I don't add new items to the POS first if they are sold online, because I want to be able to add the description easily & the images. This is too tricky to do from the POS. Internet connection is business rogers internet--never had issues with anything else on the internet connection.

Message 13 of 13