x

Square Online: Payments not working

The title of this thread has been edited from the original: Payments not working

I have the same problem. I hope I can get help please. I have my big event is on in fews day I still couldnโ€™t fix this. 

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Admin

Sorry to hear this @suwannee! The error you received can be caused by a number of reasons, including:

• If the details entered are not correct (this can cause the card-issuing bank to decline the payment)
  • If the value is less than $1.00

If you have confirm that the details entered are correct and the value of the item you are testing is more than $1.00, it's definitely worth contacting your bank to make sure the card is okay. 

If you have contacted your bank and they confirmed the card details are correct, it's worth contacting our Support team directly as they will be able to check other account-specific settings. 

Tra
Community Manager, Square
Have a burning question to ask in our Question of the Week? Share it with us!
Message 2 of 7

or as is the case form time to time, one of Square's partners has a technical glitch and the online payments system is actually broken. Don't expect it to be working again for a few days as Square are pretty hopeless at getting this type of error fixed. 

Message 3 of 7
Admin

Sorry to hear you're experiencing an issue with accepting payments again, @temporarymadeup.

If you're getting a declined message and have confirmed all the of the above (card details are correct and the item value is greater than $1.00), it'd be best to contact our Support team directly as they will be able to check other account-specific settings and help investigate this further. 

Tra
Community Manager, Square
Have a burning question to ask in our Question of the Week? Share it with us!
Message 4 of 7

I have a customer who has tried to pay online both Saturday evening and again just now - she is saying that the "circle just keeps going around and around" and her payment isn't going through. Very frustrating as I can't fix it for her. On another note, when I select ONLINE and go to (one of) my site it says "looks like you are in the USA" - I'm in Australia!! Would this have something to do with the payment thing?????? Help..............

Nicole Hallen
Message 5 of 7
Admin

Hey @NLH-05,

Thanks for getting in touch and sorry to hear you're having trouble with an online store payment!

If it's just the one customer who is having trouble it sounds like it could be an issue with their card or the device they're using to try and make the payment from. While this isn't something we can look into via our community forum, getting in touch with our Australian support team would be the next step in seeing if they can identify anything on the back end (eg a declined payment). 

You can call support on 1800 760 137 (Mon-Fri, 9am-5pm Melbourne time), or contact us via online chat or email:

1. Sign in to your Square account

2. Head to our contact page https://squareup.com/help/au/en/contact

3. Go to "Other" then "I don't see my issue"

4. Click "Message us" or "Email us"

Our website detecting you're in the wrong country is likely not related - it sounds like you may be using a VPN or something similar here?

Seamus
Square, Australia
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 6 of 7

Thanks again Seamus and will do! Nic

Nicole Hallen
Message 7 of 7