x
Super Seller

Square Online Q&A - Ask your questions!

Hi Everyone,

I'm Matt, a seasoned user of the square online platform, and owner of MJD Photography.

I have an understanding of the Square Online platform, Social Media Strategies, Photography, and basic Web Development/HTML & CSS, meaning I therefore have a relatively strong understanding on how the web works and how to use it efficiently. I aim to help both newbies to square and business online, as well as supporting those who just want to update their site. I want to connect with the community and share my knowledge and help everyone to get the most out of their Square Online site! 

I've made this Q&A thread so that you can ask anything you need to know about the square online platform, and the things you can do with it! Whether you need tips on building your square online store, help fixing an issue, or support with sharing your online business around, and finding your first customer, I'll be sure to try and help you. 

So whatever it is you want to know, just leave it down below, and I'll get back to you shortly! : )

Matt - He/They
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question!
mjdws
Shop MJD Photography
Visit MJD Web Services
Message 1 of 10
Report Inappropriate Content
9 REPLIES 9
Admin

Thank you for offering your help, @MJD! I'm sure our sellers will benefit greatly from your knowledge of the platform. Did you see the thread I made the other day about understanding background images? It's not uncommon for sellers to have questions about images, and as a photographer I'm sure you're well versed in utilizing images online. If you have any thoughts or comments feel free to leave a comment. ๐Ÿ™‚

Adam
Seller Community, Platform
Message 2 of 10
Super Seller

Thanks, I did see this, it was a great post and really useful! Thank you for sharing.

Matt - He/They
mjdws
Shop MJD Photography
Visit MJD Web Services
Message 3 of 10
Beta Member

Is this not the whole purpose of having the forum?

https://the-ungrateful-wench.square.site
Message 4 of 10
Super Seller

I spoke to tra about doing this before posting it, the idea of this is to be able to help many sellers and connect with them as well as allowing questions about other parts of running business online thatโ€™s not just Square, like how they can get more visits to their square site from social media and such.

Matt - He/They
mjdws
Shop MJD Photography
Visit MJD Web Services
Message 5 of 10
Beta Member

So, do I ask a question in the main forum or your sub-forum or both?

https://the-ungrateful-wench.square.site
Message 6 of 10
Super Seller

You can do either, Iโ€™m just trying to answer as many questions about square online as possible, itโ€™s a way for newbies or sellers who have been here a while to reach a knowledgeable seller and have their questions answered also itโ€™ll mean that people new to square online will have a place to come with an abundance of questions already answered to help them, but feel free to ask questions in here or the main forum : )

Matt - He/They
mjdws
Shop MJD Photography
Visit MJD Web Services
Message 7 of 10
Beta Member

Hey dude! thanks for offering your support and guidance! I have a question hopefully either yourself or someone else can help me with.

I sell burgers for collection on my square site https://smash-n-slide.square.site/ so I can only sell so many burgers per slot - lets say 6 burgers per 15mins. Is there a way to limit the amount of burgers being sold per slot? see example below:

Customer 1: places order for 5pm for 4 burgers

Customer 2: places order for 5pm for 2 burgers

Customer 3: wants to place order for 5pm but 2 burgers but I dont have any capacity left for this time slot, so it offers them the next time slot 5:15pm. 

Thanks.

Message 8 of 10
Super Seller

Hey there @smashnslide!

Here's what I know...

If you go to Square.online > Settings > Pickup & Delivery > Advanced settings, you'll reach a page that shows this 

MJDPhotography_1-1619172313314.png

You may then input your limit! 

This is also explained in this thread :  Online Orders - Troubleshooting 

If you have any further questions, feel free to ask!

Matt - He/They
mjdws
Shop MJD Photography
Visit MJD Web Services
Message 9 of 10
Super Seller

@smashnslide - this is a bit of a limitation of the current slot system. 

It works really well for spacing out the orders themselves, but there is no X no. of items per hour. You can limit the number of items per order & the number or orders per 15 minutes, but that's the most. 

From my personal experience, most of the time it kinda evens itself out over the evening & with customers turning up early/late then there is always going to be some waiting about. I was slammed on Friday & there was maybe an extra 20 minute wait at times - customers were really understanding. 

If there is an issue you're having, then you could limit it to two items per order with a note asking them to place multiple orders, so you'll have a max of 6 over the time slot. But I think this would be more annoying for the punters than having a bit of an extra wait. 

I've been using the online ordering over the past couple of years & there have been loads of improvements, but the main thing has been adapting & tweaking my working to fit the customer flow (along with chatting to customers so they know the score too....). 

I know this doesn't actually solve the problem - but at least you know there isn't a secret way you've just not found yet ๐Ÿ˜‚

Pizza Is Chill

Message 10 of 10