x
Admin

Square Online Store: Turn on Local Delivery for Restaurants

To help you continue serving your customers, local delivery is now available with your Square account if you’re located in the UK and Northern Ireland.

With the delivery feature turned on, customers can select delivery at checkout. Order tickets sent to your kitchen will print all delivery details in the notes section. New delivery functionality lets you set estimated delivery time, delivery fee and minimum delivery order value.

To turn on Local Delivery:

If you're new to Square or haven't set up a Square Online Store, follow these steps first: How to Sell Online and Allow for Pickup Orders. Next, sign into the online Square Dashboard and follow the steps in this video

For an illustration on what your customer sees and steps to complete the delivery order process, have a look at the video below.

For a comprehensive guide check out this article in our Support Centre: Learn how to set up local delivery

In a neighborhood where your customers can come to you? Consider trying out curbside pickup so customers can click and collect: Turn on Curbside Pickup.

Let us know how it's going and don't hesitate to raise any questions!

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 1 of 4
Report Inappropriate Content
3 REPLIES 3

I am finding Square is giving delivery and collection dates that I don’t want which is causing me a lot of problems. I may sell an item that won’t be ready for a few weeks and want to pre set the collection and delivery date to my choosing, not the customers.

Message 2 of 4

I would also like a comment box so customers can add messages

Message 3 of 4
Admin

Hi @Krust, thanks for letting us know! I know there are plans to set pickup & delivery without an estimated time but I don't have a set timeline for when this will be available right now. I'll be sure to follow up once I have more to share.

With regards to adding a comment box so customers can add message, this Best Answer might be what you're looking for!

Tra
Community Manager, Square
Have a burning question to ask in our Question of the Week? Share it with us!
Message 4 of 4