x

Square Online: Why are some items not showing up on my site?

I am going crazy over here. I have always added a new item to the web desktop version of Square, filled in all the particulars, added a picture and then moved over the the online store editor to fine tune the item (make it tax exempt, add it to a category, etc). I did this last night with about 25 items, and they cannot be found in the online store editor, nor can they be found on the published website, but oddly enough, they are found in the category I placed them in on the published website.  I have always had the button toggled that makes new items visible upon creation, I am syncing to the proper location, but the item isn't searchable within the published online store at all unless I go to the category specifically. In fact, the only way to find and edit this item in the online store is to click the link on the desktop Square item details screen that says "go to square online store". I have been adding items daily for a month and this is the first time this has happened. Sometimes there has been a bit of a delay porting the information over, but I created these items starting at 8:30 last night and they are still not there. What am I doing wrong?Item visible in item editorItem visible in item editorCheck out link activeCheck out link activeThe only way to get to the item to edit is to click the link at the bottomThe only way to get to the item to edit is to click the link at the bottomItem not found in editorItem not found in editorPublished site search by skuPublished site search by sku

Message 1 of 12
1 Best Answer
Square Community Moderator

Best Answer

Hi @dogeatdog and welcome to the Community.

I reached out to our Weebly team and they said it sounds like you're experiencing a sync issue. 

If it doesnโ€™t show itโ€™s usually because itโ€™s assigned to a different location that you are syncing, or itโ€™s set to unavailable in SOS.

Or you are looking for it to show with the featured items section where you need to manually connect to items. 

Ashley C
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

Best Answer

Hi @dogeatdog and welcome to the Community.

I reached out to our Weebly team and they said it sounds like you're experiencing a sync issue. 

If it doesnโ€™t show itโ€™s usually because itโ€™s assigned to a different location that you are syncing, or itโ€™s set to unavailable in SOS.

Or you are looking for it to show with the featured items section where you need to manually connect to items. 

Ashley C
Message 2 of 12

We only have one location, everything is set to be visible and available. It finally synced, but it took almost 24 hours to do so. Now when I add an item to my online Square, the checkout link isn't even activated when I add and the item isn't linked to the Online Store at all. 

Message 3 of 12

@dogeatdog Hmm I might suggest giving our direct CS team a call to make sure nothing is buggy here because that doesn't sound right.

It shouldn't take that long for items to become visible.

You can reach them here if you do choose to reach out to have someone take a closer look. 

Ashley C
Message 4 of 12

We are having the same issue! There is no way to add items to the online store. The functionality has changed in Featured Products. 

Message 5 of 12

I had all my items showing as of Sunday. Now one is not showing and nothing I do can fix it. No changes were made to stock, shipping method, category, variation etc. What is going on?

Message 6 of 12
Admin

Hey @CoastBeer-

Can you reply with which items exactly aren't showing? The issue that's occurring can really depend on which category, page, or items specifically keep going missing from your Online Store.

Let me know! ๐Ÿ‘€

๏œ๏ธ Isabelle | she/her
Seller Community & Super Seller Program Manager | Square, Inc.
Learn about the Super Seller program!
Message 7 of 12

I'm having this same issue. It's been over a week and these same items aren't showing on the store front. I only have 1 location. Everything shows as available or visible. Starting to get annoying. Need help with this so it doesn't continue. TIA

Message 8 of 12

Thanks for reaching out, @krawlercustoms

Can you please post a link to your website, and let us know the name of one of the items that is not showing?

Message 9 of 12

Thanks for getting back to me...

Here is the link to my site -> https://krawler-customs-parts-accessories.square.site/s/shop

Here is a link to 1 of my products that aren't loading -> https://krawler-customs-parts-accessories.square.site/product/tmr-customs-jk-1-ton-axle-swap-front-d...

Message 10 of 12

We appreciate your patience on this, @krawlercustoms, it appears there may be an issue with your shipping. Are you able to go in and check to make sure everything is set up as it should be?

Ellie
Message 11 of 12

Hi Ellie.

Thank you for getting back to me.

Just finished setting up the general shipping, looks like everything is working fine now.

If I do have anymore problems with this specific topic, I will reply here.

Thanks again.

Message 12 of 12