x
Beta Member

Square Online sales not updating the inventory of the linked POS

We have a Square Online store that is linked to our main Square Point of Sale, which is our physical retail store.

We have noticed recently that the items we sell online are not being counted in the inventory of the POS. For instance last week we sold a calendar and it was the last unit in stock and when I check the inventory in the POS app on our iPad, the stock is still at 1. We also sold a greeting card of which we had 3 in stock, but it still says we have 3 instead of 2.

This is a HUGE problem, because we have a lot of different items and we rely on the inventory system being reliable. We can't have the numbers not adding up when we sell items online as this is throw our whole inventory into chaos.

We need this issue fixed ASAP please.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Admin

Hey @Femme_Mecanique!

Thanks for posting in the Seller Community โœจ

Hmmm. As long as the online store is using items from the same location as the POS it should be syncing. 

Would you mind giving us a call tomorrow so our Support Team can take a closer look? 

๏œ๏ธ Isabelle | she/her
Seller Community & Super Seller Program Manager | Square, Inc.
Learn about the Super Seller program!
Message 2 of 4
Beta Member

Hi @isabelle thanks for your quick reply! The inventory was updated in our Square POS for subsequent online sales. Maybe it was a fluke?

Message 3 of 4
Alumni

Glad to hear inventory syncing is back on track!! I'll be sure to let Isabelle know ๐Ÿ™‚

@Femme_Mecanique

Justin
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 4