x
Beta Member

Square Online site showing up as not secure?

I am not sure why but I just launched my online store and received a message on my Facebook page from a customer saying that their Ipad security is listing the site as unsafe and not secure. Why is this and how can this be fixed? Obviously this is an issue

Message 1 of 52
2 Best Answers
Admin

Best Answer

Hi @MattHebb1995-

Welcome back to the Seller Community! 🤗

The SSL for the Square Online Store (powered by Weebly) should be automatically enabled when the site is published, meaning it is a secure link. 

What browser are they using? Let me know so I can look into this further! 

️ Isabelle | she/her
Seller Community & Super Seller Program Manager | Square, Inc.
Learn about the Super Seller program!

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 52
Square Community Moderator

Best Answer

Hi @auraandamethyst - I'm sorry to hear that this issue with your domain has brought you to the Seller Community😥

This does sound off, but it's difficult to pinpoint what may be happening without looking at your account and settings with you, which we aren't able to do via the Seller Community. For this type of issue, I suggest that you get in touch with our Support Team. If you haven't already, please reach out to Support directly by logging into your Square account and heading here.

In the meantime, I suggest looking over the troubleshooting steps listed here in our Support Center.

Violet
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 49 of 52
51 REPLIES 51
Admin

Best Answer

Hi @MattHebb1995-

Welcome back to the Seller Community! 🤗

The SSL for the Square Online Store (powered by Weebly) should be automatically enabled when the site is published, meaning it is a secure link. 

What browser are they using? Let me know so I can look into this further! 

️ Isabelle | she/her
Message 2 of 52
Beta Member

They said on an Ipad so I would assume it would have to be safari because I checked the other browsers, I checked it with my scanners and my antivirus is extremely picky and it read fine. I checked it with a few tools online to check for sites being secure and everything checks out so I am not sure what's going on. I hope it is not just a person trying to cause issues by making people think it's a bad website but I could not find anything wrong with my site. 

My site is https://shop.indiangardenfarms.net/  for reference

Message 3 of 52
Beta Member

I still  can't find anything but another person had the same issue.... 

Message 4 of 52
Admin

Hey @MattHebb1995-

Thanks for your patience. 

You are absolutely right. I was using Google Chrome, and had my browsing history cleared and cached, and I still received this error:

However, another team member was able to access your website just fine using Google Chrome. We're still looking into this issue. In the meantime, we suggest unpublishing, and republishing your website. The Unpublish button is in Website > General Settings on the bottom, and publish is just within the site editor. Let me know if this helps/works. 

️ Isabelle | she/her
Message 5 of 52
Beta Member

I can do that, is there any danger too my customers do you think?

Message 6 of 52
Admin

Current orders won't be impacted, but your site will be down for the brief period of time it's unpublished @MattHebb1995

️ Isabelle | she/her
Message 7 of 52
Beta Member

I meant like besides this error scaring people does it actually mean the site is insecure?

Message 8 of 52
Admin

OH! Sorry @MattHebb1995

No, the team member that was able to see your lovely site didn't experience any security issues. It likely has something to do with the SSL. Let me know when you've tried the unpublish and republish. 

️ Isabelle | she/her
Message 9 of 52
Beta Member

I just did, it is up again. There are only two things that I thought of that I am not sure if they would have any effect or not. Firstly in the top of my page one of my links goes to my main website for the farm which like 4 years ago was hacked and thus blacklisted by some things for a year or two although it is much more secure now and not blacklisted anymore. It is not linked in any way to this site besides that redirect link, secondly my dns goes through noip with the primay www.indiangardenfarms.net address being for that website and this store is a secondary without the www. in the dns it is just shop.indiangardenfarms.net 

I have no clue if any of that would make any difference but I just thought I would mention it.

Message 10 of 52
Admin

Hey @MattHebb1995-

Thanks for your patience. 

DNS can definitely do it, although the DNS of your subdomain looks fine.

@AdamB did see some usual stuff in console which could be the source of the issue. Would you mind giving us a call so our Square Online Store powered by Weebly team can take a look at your account on the back-end? 

Thanks for working with us here. 

️ Isabelle | she/her
Message 11 of 52
Beta Member

I will call when I have a chance, it has actually been pretty busy despite this error

Message 12 of 52

Hi, this is happening to mt site as well. I have tried unpublishing and then republishing but nothing has changed. Can you help?\thanks

Al

Message 13 of 52
Beta Member

@Alexssi it has to do with your links most likely, if you have any redirects on your store site to other sites like a Facebook page or a website that are not ssl secure then it'll freak out 

Message 14 of 52

Thanks for adding your helpful tips here, @MattHebb1995

@Alexssi - I also experienced this issue with my own personal site, and it seems as though the issue resolved itself after a few hours - specifically once I visited the site organically a few times from a few different devices. I believe the domain needs some time to orient itself to the site you've published to.

Let us know if this is still an issue for you going forward!

Joe
Message 15 of 52

Customers are receiving a message saying the site is not secure when they try to load my square.site. I have tried 'unpublishing' and then publishing again but it didn't fix the situation. Can someone help?

Thanks!

Al

Message 16 of 52

Hi there, @Alexssi - I've gone ahead and merged this post into the existing thread regarding this issue. It looks like you've already tracked down this thread and commented on it after this original post. Just letting you know for record keeping purposes. Please see my reply from above.

Thanks again!

Joe
Message 17 of 52
Beta Member

I have been working on my site for months. Published it to find I am having the same issue. I have tried everything so my customers trust shopping with me. I have been fulfilling orders from old school. Tho I love connecting with them all personally. It is way too time-consuming. PLEASE someone help me make my site secure. I have gone back and forth in email with support and still, it hasn't fixed anything. My college classes start-up in a few days I need some of my time back.

Message 18 of 52

Hi there, @bishopsbling - thanks for taking the time to reach out to us here on the Seller Community! So sorry to hear about the trouble with your Online Store. We are here to help!

We would recommend a call into our Support Team so that they can take an active look into your account and site for troubleshooting. The number to call is 1 (855) 700-6000 - but you'll also need your customer code. The steps to look up your code are here.

We look forward to hearing from you!

Joe
Message 19 of 52
Beta Member

Ok, I followed your link. Yes, I am signed in. I don't see any customer code. This is so frustrating. Why is this code so hard to find for so many?

Message 20 of 52

I think I figured it out. 

What I did wrong was I put a link on my website to www.yourname.square.site but it turns out www. Isn’t a secure thing. 

Instead, use http://yourname.square.site and see if that fixes things. 

Good luck!

Message 21 of 52