x

Standard shipping vs "Rules" shipping and how they display on Weebly store

I am new to this. Just set up my new Square/Weebly "store" today. In Shipping Settings, there are rules where I can charge by different things, such as weight or amount. Fair enough! I set up a bunch of rules based on dollar amount, since I have a selection of paintings in several sizes/price points.

However, Standard Shipping is still sitting there and I need to pick an amount. When I try to delete it altogether, there's a warning that it's permanent, so I didn't do that. So I decided to humor the web site and I put $10 as standard shipping to see how it worked. When I did a "test purchase" of a $1 item to see how it worked, I was dismayed to see that when I put the item in my cart, it immediately showed that the item was $1 but the total was $12, but did NOT show where that added $10 came from. There was no line item for shipping. I imagine this would freak my customers out. So if I go in and make Standard Shipping $0, then what's to stop people from choosing that and paying nothing for shipping!?

Is there a way to ONLY have the "rules-based" shipping? Is permanently deleting the Standard Shipping my only option? (I never like permanently deleting anything, because I may change my mind later!)

Thank you

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Alumni

It looks like things are working as expected now, @JenNilesArt🎉

I took a quick peek and was able to add an item to my cart. Once I input my name and address during checkout, I had to select a shipping option here:

I clicked Next, and the shipping charge appeared as a line item before the total:

The Standard Shipping option is totally customizable and editable. Removing it is okay, as you can always recreate it! If you need to edit it, just click Edit next to it, and clear the fields so that they look like this and you can input new text/rate:

I hope this helps, but let me know if you have any questions!

Valentina
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 2