x

Store / editor interface updates list

Sometimes I log in to the editor and find updates to the editor interface / store  have been made. It would be really useful to have sight of a log of these so I can review whether I want to make site changes / check for any adverse impacts of changes before I re-publish. 

Is a changes list already published somewhere? If not, would it be possible to publish one please?

Thank you for any help you can give on this,

Ellie

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

It would also then be really useful to have a thread for issues, and a thread for future requests. 

Thank you for considering this,

Ellie

Message 2 of 5
Square Community Moderator

Hey @Elliegrant,

At the time the Online Store doesn't offer any kind of log of past actions made on the editor.

Just to clarify- that's what you mean with this correct? Also we do have feature request threads within the Community but I haven't seen one for this particular one yet to track. Happy to pass along the suggestion though. 

Ashley C
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 3 of 5

Hi - sorry to have been so long getting back to you - it has been a busy few weeks.

A log so we can roll back changes we've made (as I think you mean?) would be awesome, but wasn't actually what I meant.

The problem I'm having is sometimes I go in and it seems changes have been made to the cms itself - the types of element available might have changed, or there might have been some style changes, or a new element appear (e.g. a google pay button on items) - presumably in response to requests. This can mean suddenly I can't make my site consistent and I have no idea what has happened - or that I miss out on something that would be really useful. What I would like is a list of changes that have been made to the system, to help me understand what is going on and adapt. For example - today I have been having issues with fonts and also the image in a headline banner not displaying properly. It feels like things sometimes go buggy for a bit and then resolve so I will leave it and try again tomorrow - - but that can then leave me unable to republish the site (with a quick text change,, for example) because something has suddenly broken.

Message 4 of 5
Square Community Moderator

Hi there, @Eliiegrant - thanks for getting back to us here on the Seller Community! I can step in for Ashley in her absence.

Thanks for clarifying your question for us, as well. Sorry we missed the mark originally in interpreting it. We appreciate you jumping back in and letting us know!

The best place to stay up-to-date in regards to updates is actually here on the Seller Community! We recommend checking our Home Page every few days - we will announce new products, requests, and features here periodically as they come along. We understand that this may be cumbersome for some, and we are actively working towards bringing a new notification system into the fold. Stay tuned!

In regards to your current issue with your headline banner, have you flagged this to our Support Team directly? They can help troubleshoot with a 'hands-on' approach that we can't offer here on the Community.

Joe
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 5 of 5