x

Strong Customer Authentication (SCA)

Hi all, my company has been attempting to use Square Web Payments API with SCA integration (as per https://github.com/square/web-payments-quickstart/blob/main/public/examples/card-on-file-with-verifi... ) for the last several months.

Currently about 50% of our customers get a failure message *after* we receive the successful verification token from verifyBuyer and then try to save the card. We always log this error:

{"errors":[{"category":"INVALID_REQUEST_ERROR","code":"INVALID_CARD_DATA","detail":"Invalid card data.","field":"source_id"}]}

but again, this is after successfully creating a customerId, successfully entering valid credit card details, and successfully completing the bank challenge. Note that our server is in AWS Ireland and customers are in UK.

We have been unable to find anyone helpful in Square support.

Questions:

* has anyone successfully implemented Square with SCA for UK buyers? (If you just DM me your business, I might learn a lot from just buying from you & reviewing your JS)

* does anyone know a way to get developer support from Square (real person who is able to debug a failure)?

Message 1 of 3
Report Inappropriate Content
2 REPLIES 2
Admin

Hi @566932250586436, thanks for raising your question here. I see this is your first post in the Seller Community so welcome. 

I understand this was a query for other Square Sellers however I just thought I pop in here and mention that we also have a Developer Fourms where your question may have been previously asked.

I would also suggest checking out Developer Documentation for information on APIs.

I had a look myself and found some articles such as Verify the Buyer When Using a Payment Token, which is guide to adding and verifying SCA on your site - it might be worth double checking just to ensure everything is set up correctly on your end. 

If you are unable to resolve your query via the support articles or the developer forum, I would suggesting contacting our customer support team directly. They will be able to pass your case over to a Developer Engineer.

Breffni
Community Moderator, Ireland, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question โœจ
Message 2 of 3

I've already gone over all the docs & repeatedly attempted to reach a support engineer (we only get a bot or tier1-person who keeps sending us to the same non-helpful docs).

Has *anyone* gotten Square to work with SCA in the UK?

Message 3 of 3