x
Beta Member

Subscription checkout link

Hi,

I'm a florist and want to offer a subscription.  I've started by setting up a checkout link with 2 custom fields.  I have a few questions:

• How can a customer sign up online for a subscription and pick their start date?  The subscription page (https://squareup.com/dashboard/subscriptions/new) offers a start date but the checkout link does not?  Am I missing something?  The subscription shows up in Orders great but additionally I'd want the proposed fulfillment upcoming date to show up as well.
  • How can a customer select if it's for pickup or delivery?
  • How can a customer input the address if it's delivery?
  • How can I allow modifiers on a subscription?  Let's say they want a certain theme that doesn't change the cost, is the only way to create a new checkout link?

Thanks for your help!

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Square Community Moderator

Hi @haven2 Super sorry for the late response here! 

For your first question, the service will start when the customer clicks on, and fills out the checkout link. There isn't a "start" date because your link can be clicked on at any time whereas the invoice is meant to be filled out and sent by you to your customers or clients. Can you clarify why you would need the proposed fulfillment date? Will the schedule change, or will it always be 30 days from the order? 

For fulfillment settings, you will need to head over to the Square Online dashboard. From here, click on Fulfillment > Pick-up & Delivery, then setup your location settings. 

Once completed, click on Items > Site Items, then check the box next to all of the item you will offer, for example, delivery. Once all boxes are checked, click on Bulk Edit in top right corner, then click Set Fulfillment. Make sure to select the delivery option and save. You can repeat these steps if you have items that will also offer pickup and/or shipping.

Once these settings are in place, your checkout link will request the proper information (like delivery address) and should flow as expected. 

For items that need modifiers, you will actually need to create the item from the Items tab (either from the Square dashboard or the Square Online dashboard) then once created, you will be able to select the item from a dropdown when you make the checkout link.

Please let us know if you have additional questions. 😊

Message 2 of 11
Beta Member

Hi BernadetteA,

Here's our scenario in case it helps in relation to your question.  We're wanting to offer floral subscriptions.  Businesses may want to go ahead and purchase the subscription today to get delivered every 2 weeks but they may want delivery on Monday so they don't want it to start today necessarily.

Additionally, we want to offer them to pick 4 different options: size (small/medium/large), frequency (bi-weekly/monthly), wrapping (vase/cloth), delivery (pickup/address to deliver to).  I can't seem to find a way to have a subscription work with the item library. I would love to use variations/modifiers as those would be perfect for this.  Am I missing something?  

Thanks!

Message 3 of 11

Thanks for the extra information @haven2  😊

Can you let me know the name of one of the items you are editing? Sometimes it's helpful to see the site or item setup and in action  .                                                                                                       

Message 4 of 11
Beta Member

Hi @BernadetteA 

Here are the 2 screenshots:

https://imgur.com/a/ggXyoW4

You mentioned items?  Is there a way to have a subscription on an actual item?

Thanks!

Message 5 of 11

Thank you so much for the additional information, @haven2 

When I sent my last message I was positive I walked through creating the scenario in my test account, but I am checking in with the team to confirm this is a valid setting. I believe there is a feature regarding this that is rolling out to accounts, and will confirm!

Message 6 of 11

Just wanted to check in on you @haven2  👋 

I still don't have the exact ETA, however, I can confirm that the ability to create subscriptions from items (including those with variations and modifiers) is indeed coming soon. I'll touch base here again when I see it has been rolled out to 100% in seller accounts. 😊

Message 7 of 11
Beta Member

That's fantastic!  Thanks @BernadetteA.  If there is an option to be a beta user, count me in!  We're really wanting to use that to keep our business busy during the downtime of summer but totally understand the rollout timeline.  Thanks for your help!

Message 8 of 11

Here is al ink to the active beta tests available. 😊  If it is listed, though, it may already be closed since it is actively rolling out to accounts. I still wanted to post the link, though, since you may see some other betas that interest you! ❤️

Message 9 of 11
Beta Member

@BernadetteA that sounds great!  the link unfortunately didn't come through, can you resend?

also when something is starting to rollout, how long does it usually take?  I'm just wondering if I should find a way to make it work while I'm waiting or if it should be out in "at most a month" or if it could take upwards of 3-6 months?

thanks again for all your help!

Message 10 of 11

Hello, @haven2 - Thank you for your response. We appreciate your understanding that an exact date for the rollout of the mentioned feature is currently unavailable.

As suggested by @BernadetteA, we encourage you to join our Beta program to get started and stay updated on the progress of any new features. By joining the Beta progeam, you will receive notifications or updates from the team as soon as more information becomes available.

We value your interest and engagement with our services. Thank you for your patience, and we look forward to providing you with further updates on this matter.

Have a good day! 

Sayra
Community Moderator, Square // Moderadora de la Comunidad, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Inicie seción y haga clic en Marcar como "Mejor Respuesta" si mi respuesta contesta su pregunta.
Message 11 of 11