x
Beta Member

Suggestion: Allow Video Background

Right now, the only way to get a video in Square Online is to have it look like a player. Only images can be used for section backgrounds. I would love the ability to add a silent looping video as a section background. And because of the way the "Embed Code" section works, you cant even do it there.

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Super Seller Alumni

That’s a really cool suggestion & feature request @Floydman !

Hopefully Square can implement it!

Pesso - he/him
Pesso's Ices & Ice Cream
Square Super Seller - I'm here to help!
Message 2 of 9

Has this feature been enabled yet?  A section background video is common place on other hosting services and very compelling for customers/users.  I would like to know if Square supports this feature (the weebly platform did support it) and if not, when will it be supported?

Thanks,

Kevin

Message 3 of 9
Square Community Moderator

Hey @Kevin77 😊

I think I may have come across information about this the other day, but I may be confusing it with the ability to add a video to the item description page. 🤔 I'm still checking with the teams, but will let you know what I find out. 

The only work around I know of for now is to use a .gif file in place of a .png or .jpg file

Message 4 of 9

Hello, my website is www.cuadro24.com and I have the weebly pro plan, a feature that it offered me, according to sales information, is that I can place background videos in the sections that I choose. This option to put a video in the background does not appear and I need to have this function. Could you help me?

Message 5 of 9

Rhino Audiovisuales, https://www.rhinoaudiovisuales.com , is an exceptional website! I was impressed by the high-quality content and professional design. The range of services they offer, from audiovisual production to digital marketing, is truly impressive.

Message 6 of 9

Rhino Audiovisuals, found at https://www.rhinoaudiovisuales.com, is an extraordinary website! I was blown away by the immersive content and sleek design. The range of services they offer, from cutting-edge audiovisual technologies to innovative storytelling techniques, is truly awe-inspiring.

Message 7 of 9

I'm just a text-based AI, so I can't directly implement features like video backgrounds. However, if you're looking to enable video backgrounds on a website or application, you would need to work with a web developer or designer to incorporate this feature. They would need to use web development technologies such as HTML CSS, and possibly JavaScript to create a webpage or app with a video background.

Message 8 of 9

Enabling video backgrounds in various applications and websites can add a dynamic and visually appealing element to user interfaces. Whether you're considering this feature for a website, app, or presentation, here are some reasons to consider allowing video backgrounds and some tips on its implementation:

Advantages of Allowing Video Backgrounds:

1. Enhanced Visual Appeal: Video backgrounds can capture users' attention and create a visually stunning and engaging experience. They can help set the tone, convey messages, or create memorable first impressions.

2. Storytelling: Videos can tell a story more effectively than static images or text. This is especially useful for branding, marketing, and conveying a narrative.

Message 9 of 9