x
Beta Member

Table bookings poor design terrible execution

https://squareup.com/help/au/en/article/5354-square-appointments-guide

implies appointments can be used to book tables which is awesome because we really need this due to Covid restrictions

tried to set it up

1 staff member per table

we have 4 staff 40 tables so the only way to solve this is to add 36 fake staff

pricing for appointments is based on staff numbers... so this is not feasible for us

Tags (1)
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Square Community Moderator

Hi @TamTam87,

Thanks for reaching out to us via the Seller Community ๐Ÿ‘‹ I noticed it's your first post, welcome! 

I'm sorry to hear that using appointments for table bookings isn't a useable workaround for your restaurant. With the restrictions and limits in place at the moment, I understand how important the ability to take bookings is. While Square doesn't currently have a dedicated booking platform, this is something that's been suggested to our product team before. We don't have a timeframe of if, or when, a given feature request would be implemented, so looking at external booking platforms might be best solution at the moment. 

Thank you for taking the time to leave this feedback with us again. 

Message 2 of 3
Beta Member

Thanks for the response, it seems the system would work perfect if it a staff member was not required or a staff member could be double booked, seems like it could be a fairly easy thing to implement its 99% done already

Message 3 of 3