x

Time to get a response from engineering team?

Has anyone else had their issue escalated to the engineering team (marketing issue) but not heard back for over a month? We're stuck in an awkward marketing limbo until we get a resolution to our automated campaign not functioning properly (it won't send emails to collect birthdays except to new customers).

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Alumni

Hi @rumi- the advocate that escalated your ticket to the Engineering Team should be giving periodic updates about your issue. 

Have you tried calling again to get more details? 

Justin
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 9

Hi - yes I've called twice. The advocate is very polite and tells me the engineering team is working on it. But after a full month I thought I'd check in here to see if this is normal or if my issue is especially complicated.

Message 3 of 9
Alumni

Yikes, usually tickets aren't open for that long. Curious - Is it a bug that can be fixed or is it a limitation with Square Mktg but currently being tracked as a feature request? 

@rumi

Justin
Message 4 of 9

Hi Justin,

It's a bug that can be fixed, not a feature request. There is an automated campaign within marketing that's supposed to ask customers to provide their birthdays in order to get a reward when it's time. But it has only been sending to new customers. The marketing team confirmed that it's supposed to send to everyone, not just new customers. That leaves thousands of subscribers who haven't gotten the email and aren't in queue to receive it until the bug is fixed.

Message 5 of 9
Alumni

Gotcha, I can try to reach out to the advocate that filed your ticket to get some movement going. I'll follow up via DM. 

Justin
Message 6 of 9

Thanks!

Message 7 of 9

Message 8 of 9

Hi Justin,

As of today, less than 15% of my list has been emailed with a request for their birthdays.

I haven't heard from the engineering team and the support rep has not emailed me since January 21.

We're going on two months of this being an issue.

Message 9 of 9