x

Trying to transfer my domain name to the Square DNS server

I just got a message saying that I cannot transfer my domain name because I am registered through Register.com.  Can anyone help get this done?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Square Community Moderator

Hi @armelit - thanks for reaching out to us here on the Seller Community! Happy to have you join us here. 

So sorry to hear about the trouble transferring your Domain - we are here to help where we can. I am not familiar with the specific error message you are receiving, but I am happy to flag it over to our Ecomm Team to see if we can get some insight into whats going on.

Would you mind attaching a screenshot of your issue here in a reply? I will get this over to them ASAP.

Thanks! 

Joe
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 4

Thanks Joe.  I just spoke to Register.com support and they say that I need an alpha-numeric DNS address for my Weebly-Square account and all I have is a numeric address (199.34.228.65).  I actually need two DNS addresses for Register.  Can you point me to where I can find those?

Thanks.

Message 3 of 4
Square Community Moderator

Hi there, @armelit - thanks for the quick response!

I flagged this question over to our Ecomm Team directly (they are the experts on DNS settings), and I was able to get a bit of clarity.

From what we can tell, the IP address you've listed above will work for the classic Weebly site but not for the Square Online store. Do you know which one you are using, in-particular? The Square Online Store is .161 and higher. Feel free to share your address here if need be. 

The two records you will need to add will both use that IP address, however. This is going to set up as A records, one with @ as the host and the IP as the destination, and one with www as the host and the IP as the destination. Your mentioning two records makes me think you may trying to change the nameservers instead of actual DNS records.

I will keep an eye out for your response!

Joe
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 4