x
Super Seller

URL address for facebook shop feed so inventory syncs

Hi @tranguyen I seem to have mastered the facebook shop link with stock inventory link and its whereabouts - Data sources - Facebook Catalogue.  you seem to be very knowledgeable on all things online.

Where do you find the URL feed address for your square online store to set up a schedule to syn hourly etc . Facebook Shop has synced everything  on 6th December and then 29th December - great for Christmas but all our Christmas stock is shown on Insta and facebook.  

Or fo you have to do a manual pixel ID upload each time by disconnecting shop and then uploading again?

Thanks in advance

Message 1 of 6
Report Inappropriate Content
1 Best Answer
Super Seller

Best Answer

It means your ID is linked to a different business  user name - you get a different ID for Square appointments  to that of your ID for squareonline so you need to add both in the online editor area if you use both.

If you have 2 user names for facebook or 2 people signed in on one device facebook wants to use the user with the credit card details attached to it.  It's all to do with paid for ads / boost posts etc.

I have found it sometimes best to remove all facebook pixels and ID from busiess suite - republish website with no ID"s attached then start afresh - you'll have to wait for insta FB to say you're approved for a shop again - so do it when your'e least busy.

I take no responsibility tho if things go belly up as Facebook is a world and entity of its own and not that helpful. 

View Best Answer >

Message 6 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Admin

Hi @Twiggy, thank you for your post! I had a look into this and I'm afraid we don't have a URL feed address. However, as far as I know, any time you make a change to your catalogue, this will trigger a sync so you wouldn't need to do anything. 

I also checked the Facebook Business Help Centre and it did mention that when you remove any items from your website, it can take up to 7 days for it to ..., so that may have an effect as well. 

Tra
Community Manager, Square
Have a burning question to ask in our Question of the Week? Share it with us!
Message 2 of 6

I have the same issue. My data feed stopped updating. I deleted it and started again and still nothing. I chose to try and setup a schedule myself and it wants a data feed url.

The reason it stopped doing anything on the old feed was due to google product and FB product something errors. No clue on how to fix that either.

Debbe

Message 3 of 6
Admin

Hi @Lvtwmn, sorry to hear your products stop updating! I will definitely do my best here. When you are going through the steps to connect Square Online to your Facebook Shop, what's the error message that you are getting? If we know the exact error, I can check with our team and see if they have any insight into this as well. 

Tra
Community Manager, Square
Have a burning question to ask in our Question of the Week? Share it with us!
Message 4 of 6
Beta Member

What does it mean, when the error message says the catalog is in a different business manager than the one selected? Ive tried my name and tried my page, and the page says that, where my name takes me one step not as far with the message

"This is the primary Page of "My business page". Choose another Page or review your Business Manager settings

So either way i go, its like i dont have access to either the pixel or the account where i am admin
Message 5 of 6
Super Seller

Best Answer

It means your ID is linked to a different business  user name - you get a different ID for Square appointments  to that of your ID for squareonline so you need to add both in the online editor area if you use both.

If you have 2 user names for facebook or 2 people signed in on one device facebook wants to use the user with the credit card details attached to it.  It's all to do with paid for ads / boost posts etc.

I have found it sometimes best to remove all facebook pixels and ID from busiess suite - republish website with no ID"s attached then start afresh - you'll have to wait for insta FB to say you're approved for a shop again - so do it when your'e least busy.

I take no responsibility tho if things go belly up as Facebook is a world and entity of its own and not that helpful. 

Message 6 of 6