x

USING APPLE PENCIL II CAUSES INTERFACE ISSUES

Hey there just wondering if anyone else has experienced issues whilst using the Apple Pencil II?

When I’m in the edit mode on web UI I’ll tap the pencil on a text field of hyperlink etc, especially filling in text boxes I have to tap the text box or any other link above itself…..very weird indeed.

I have to quit the app and start again, it’s ok using finger though.

Has anyone else had this issue?

iPad Pro 4th gen, Apple Pencil 2 & Safari

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Square Community Moderator

Hi @Artforlife,

Thanks for writing in and welcome to the community 👋 Sorry to hear about the trouble here. 

Are you experiencing this issue only on Safari, or also in the Square App? Which version of iOS are you running on your iPad? 

Message 2 of 3

Hey there and thanks for the reply, I’ve stopped using Safari to edit and have moved over to Google. I didn’t know there was a specific Square Online App to edit with. I’m using IpadOS 15.0.2

i don’t understand, and this is when I even use Google that when I ‘drag and drop’ to arrange items by holding down on the hamburger lines everything on the page selects, like when you select all text if you know what I mean. I’ve tried it with my finger, the Apple Pencil and a mouse. I have had a minor amount of luck selecting the right edge of item to be able to get the ‘blue handle’ showing up to arrange item. Also sometimes the item just hangs there on the screen and I have to go back and select arrange items again. Last night when I was editing on the iPad it took about 10 minutes to arrange about 15 items because of glitches, bugs and hangs. Extreeeeemely frustrating. 

Message 3 of 3