x

Unable to edit "Gift Card Sent" email template

I have enabled gift cards, but I am unable to edit the associated email - See screenshots

Any suggestion?

Thank you!

Gift Card configuration - enabled

Screen Shot 2021-03-19 at 1.34.22 pm.png

Email template - cannot edit!

Screen Shot 2021-03-19 at 1.34.08 pm.png

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Admin

Hey @justjaneceramic,

Thanks for your message.

I took a look into this on my side and was also unable to edit this template for Gift Cards - I checked and "Sell Gift Card Online" was enabled here as it should be.

I'm unsure whether this is a bug or if it's something that's possibly not yet a feature in Australia - I'm thinking it's probably the former though, as the options are already there.

For further help here, I recommend calling support and speaking with a Square Online expert - you can call on 1800 760 137 (Mon-Fri, 9am-5pm Melbourne time), email via this form or contact us via online chat (also available 9-5 weekdays):

1. Sign in to your Square account

2. Head to our contact page https://squareup.com/help/au/en/contact

3. Go to "Other"" then "I don't see my issue"

4. Click "Message Us"

Sorry I can't be of more immediate help here! It does seem like something is up here though!

Seamus
Square, Australia
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 5

Thanks for the advice; I have checked the configuration and gift cards are enabled, but can't edit the email.

Let me go via support.

Cheers!

Message 3 of 5

@Seamus I have contacted support, below the reply.

Hi,

Thank you for reaching out!

I've had a look further into your issue and it appears that editing the email template for e-giftcards unfortunately isn't an option at the moment. You have the option to add custom templates for the giftcard itself, but is isn't currently an option to be able to edit the email that sends through with it. 

Sorry about the inconvenience here.

Thanks again!

Message 4 of 5
Admin

Thanks for checking back in @justjaneceramic. There are a few uneditable emails on Square Online that I've heard similar feedback about (eg sections of the purchase confirmation email) - though I'm hoping we may built more options here in the future. If I hear of any news I'll update this thread.

Seamus
Square, Australia
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 5 of 5