x

Unable to publish edited site

My site was up and running correctly. But today I noticed that my edited changes are being saved and  showing on editor, but after I hit Publish,they are not incorporated into the live site.

Www.journalsbyada.com

I have purchased my second month of domain from square online and

Second month of weekly performance site plan.

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Alumni

How long ago did you first connect your domain, @JOURNALSBYADA?

Are you still currently not seeing the changes you made reflecting on your website?

Valentina
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 10

My domain was purchased on Aug. 26, 2020.  It was renewed on Sept 21,2020. 

My weekly performance plan was was originally purchased Aug.26,2020 and renewed Sept.22,2020.

I just tried it again. Edits show up in Preview, but not on live site.

I just realized that I paid twice for my domain! I thought it was a monthly rate. Could that be the part of the issue? That' about the time my problem started.

Please advise. Thanks . 

Message 3 of 10
Alumni

Hm, your domain renewal shouldn't be affecting whether you're able to publish successfully. Are you able to give us a specific example of what is not publishing properly, @JOURNALSBYADA?

If you can provide a screenshot here, that would be helpful. Feel free to send it in a private message to me if you don't want to post it publicly here.

Valentina
Message 4 of 10

Screen Shot 2020-09-27 at 11.08.15 AM.png    Screen Shot 2020-09-27 at 11.08.50 AM.pngScreen Shot 2020-09-27 at 11.08.59 AM.pngScreen Shot 2020-09-27 at 11.09.08 AM.pngScreen Shot 2020-09-27 at 11.09.14 AM.png

This was a newsletter I was writing in STORIES.  I wrote it and did not published it. I went back to finish writing/editing it. I then  published it. But the changes I made did not show up. Is there a character limit to these pages?

Message 5 of 10

Just checked. The new Stories with full edits can be seen in Preview. But not live one the site.

Message 6 of 10
Square Community Moderator

@JOURNALSBYADA can you try publishing again to see if it works?

AshleyK
Message 7 of 10

YES!!!  It is finally showing up in the live site.

The bad part is that when I went to Preview it looked complete. Why was there such an extended time delay? How can I avoid it moving forward?

Thank you for your assistance.

Message 8 of 10
Square Community Moderator

It's possible there was a slight delay, but it shouldn't take that long. I would just make sure to hit publish again if you don't see the changes updated after about 10 minutes. 

AshleyK
Message 9 of 10

Thank you for your time.

Just an FYI:  I did hit Publish on numerous occasions over the 3 or 4 days that this was occurring.  I hope this doesn't happen again. But I will be more vigilant from now on.  I will not assume it is "published" after I hit the Publish button just because it appears correctly in the Preview screen.  I guess I will always double check on my live site.

Message 10 of 10