x

Unaccepted Delivery Address

Certain customer Addresses are not accepted in Square in the Delivery option, even though they are valid addresses withing the delivery area and easily found on google.  The Street name saves, but the house number and postal code disappears.  The house one up and one down from this house are valid delivery addresses and come up on square.  I also tried to enter the information manually and this particular house was not available on the square delivery options.

Luckily the customer called us and i was able to make the sale over the phone using the pickup option and manually directing my staff to deliver, but otherwise this would have been a lost sale.

Anyone else have this issue?

For customer privacy i will not share the addresses on the thread, but would be happy to review this with square support staff to problem solve.  Anyone else had this issue? 

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Beta Member

Unfortunately, this is happening lately due to Square now forcing validation of all delivery addresses through Google Maps. There are many addresses on google maps missing postal codes, which in turn means they won't workwwork the square online store. Nothing for it, except to look up the address on Google Maps, then send feedback to Google, and ask them to add the postal code. Usually takes a couple of days.

Message 2 of 7

Google maps has the postal code, but the address is still not loaded in square - even when i input the postal code. 

Message 3 of 7
Beta Member

We are having similar issues. It's not the address that's the issue. Square you have an issue and need to fix. Please let us know you acknowledge there's and issue and that you are working on it. We found when you refresh the browser and enter the address again it works. Customers won't know to do that so we are losing business. At least change the misleading message "delivery isn't available for this address" with "address not found please call merchant".

Message 4 of 7
Alumni

So sorry to hear about the troubles, @Cupcake_Junkie 🧁 

Have you contacted our Support team to let them know about the issues you're experiencing?

If you do that, our team can file a ticket for our engineers to look at if they aren't able to work with you to correct the issue.

You can call Monday - Friday or send an email our way by logging into your account and heading here.

Let me know here if you run into any difficulties getting in touch, and welcome to the Seller Community!

Valentina
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 5 of 7
Beta Member

Hi Valentina,

The problem was with the browsers. They needed to have their cache cleared and then the problem goes away.

Thanks

Message 6 of 7

This is not a cache issue, Goggle Maps is not aligned to Canada Post.  Stripe provides an option for a customer to enter a manual address, Square should do the same.

Message 7 of 7