x
Beta Member

User-selected options are cleared after selecting "Delivery"

I've worked with Square Online support via chat, and they assure me that my issue is normal for Square Online and that there's no workaround. I thought I'd ask the community because I feel like this can't possibly be the case. Here's the simple scenario to create my issue:

1. On a product page of my Square Online site (any product page... it doesn't matter), choose an option (such as T-shirt size from this page: Dogs. Love. Coffee. The Hermetheus Coffee Women's Cut Tee | Hermetheus Coffee - Fresh Roasted Specia...)

2. Change your "How to get it" option to "Delivery" (BEFORE entering a delivery address).

Result: the option chosen in step 1 gets cleared, and the customer has to re-enter it. It might sound trivial, but some of my products have multiple options. (Size, Flavor, grind options, etc.). So after selecting all of these options, the very last step of the process CLEARS all of those options and the customer has to re-select them all. Is that normal for other people who have a Square Online store?

My chat rep engaged the development team, who also confirmed that this is by design. I simply can't fathom Square intentionally designing a workflow where the system captures user options, only to CLEAR those options (by design) when getting to the last "how to get it" step. I even asked if my product page could list the "how to get it" as the FIRST option then, and this also isn't possible.

This means that the step that MUST be last (the "how to get it" step) was also DESIGNED to under all of the selections that were made before that mandatory last step. Do you see why I'm baffled by this? Can any other sellers confirm that this is normal behavior, and if so, is there some workaround that you've found?

Thanks!

Tags (1)
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Square Community Moderator

Hello @hermetheuscoffe,

Thank you for reaching out and providing this feedback and insight.  it's only possible to get the fulfillment popup if you use the Order Online template (instead of Shop All) for the store. In order to implement the template go to Edit Site, click pages dropdown in left, then select the menu next to Shop All to change the template.

I hope this helps! Please let me know if you have further questions. 

Message 2 of 2