x

Using square optimally for an online personal trainer

Hi everyone!!!

My name is Nate and I'm an online personal trainer. Lately I've been really digging into what square has to offer for such a unique sale on a POS for largely retail businesses. I'm on here to ask others who sell similarly. Any input on how to reach out to a broader audience, marketing skills that have worked. Ultimately how to catch an audience.

Thanks in advance everyone!!!

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Super Seller

Hello @NewBeginnings91 welcome and thanks for your post. I'm going to add a previous thread below that talks about finding new customers and building your business. I hope you'll find this helpful. The Square Community is a great place to get business advice, connect and talk with other business owners, and find out answers to technical questions related to your Square products.

https://www.sellercommunity.com/t5/Welcome-New-Members/attract-new-customers/td-p/271160

Be sure you have a presence online and in social media; these are key in reaching new customers today. And as you start building a customer base, I'd recommend using Square's Loyalty and Marketing programs. A great way to stay connected directly to your customers.

And some other things to keep in mind...

• Identify your customers...ask yourself, who would want my service, and that answer will lead you to the following:
    • Where are they located? How can i reach them? Flyers, websites, word-of-mouth, email?
  • Start small with people or customers you already work with. Provide AWESOME customer service and ask for referrals. Word of mouth is very powerful and doesn't cost you any marketing dollars
  • Price your service to allow for profitability. That means figure out your expenses including supplies, overhead like rent or electricity, etc. And factor in a wage to compensate yourself for your time. Remember this is a business and your goal is to make money to support yourself, possible employees as you grow your business.
  • Know your competition. Who else does what you do, and are they close to you? Offer the same or different services? What are their prices? How do they market? Knowing as much as you can about your competition will help you answer your own questions and figure out how you're different and how you can do it better!
  • Google and search online for business marketing tips. There are a TON of experts and experienced business owners sharing tips and techniques...and keep checking back HERE for more advice from fellow Square business owners.

Good luck to you and best wishes in your business! Remember we're glad you're part of our Square Community!

Message 2 of 2