x

VAT not being added to UK orders

We are testing Square for global online sales of software - direct download.

We obviously need to charge VAT on UK sales, being a UK based company, and being VAT registered.

As far as we are aware we have setup 20% VAT for our Location - UK.

But, when we test a purchase from within the UK, VAT is not being added...

We are not using a Square website - just the Buy Now buttons and Links.

Anyone got any ideas?

Message 1 of 3
Report Inappropriate Content
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Hi @Eugene7

Just jumping in here for @phillipsrw - Thanks for helping out!

I've gone ahead and tried to replicate what you were hoping to achieve. When I've created a Digital test item from the Square Dashboard, and then selected to create a payment link or buy button at the bottom of the item details screen. The link did apply tax, as soon as I entered a UK address at checkout.

Could you try creating a test item, generate a payment link, go through the checkout flow and let me know if you see the GB tax applied? You'll find the step by step guide here.

View Best Answer >

Message 3 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Super Seller

Hi @Eugene7 Humm not dure about this one, we use with the Square Online website and it seems fine, but we attach the tax at the item level. Perhaps the closer integration we have helps. I'll take a look when in the office to see if we can replicate what you are seeing or find a solution.

Coco Chemistry Ltd
Artisan Chocolatier
www.cocochemistry.co.uk
Message 2 of 3
Admin

Best Answer

Hi @Eugene7

Just jumping in here for @phillipsrw - Thanks for helping out!

I've gone ahead and tried to replicate what you were hoping to achieve. When I've created a Digital test item from the Square Dashboard, and then selected to create a payment link or buy button at the bottom of the item details screen. The link did apply tax, as soon as I entered a UK address at checkout.

Could you try creating a test item, generate a payment link, go through the checkout flow and let me know if you see the GB tax applied? You'll find the step by step guide here.

Message 3 of 3