x
Beta Member

Weebly Promote - Automated Email and Mailing List Question

Hi!

I need to be able to do the following:

1) Trigger a list of 12 emails (1 per month) to be sent automatically to all new contacts when they are added to a particular mailing list or segment.

2) This mailing list or segment would include anyone who signs up to receive my newsletter, whether via the email collection pop-up form or via other means, including me adding names manually after an in-person event (i.e a fair, a workshop, etc...)

3) Once these contacts have received the sequence of 12 emails, move them into a different mailing list, or add a tag to them, so that they can receive a different sequence of emails.

At the moment, I cannot see how I can do that because in the email automation, it can only be triggered by new customer or email collection pop-up. Although there's the mention about "when added to Membership" but I don't know what that is. I can't see anything about a membership anywhere else. There isn't a facility where we can add a tag to each contact automatically or transfer contacts from one mailing list to another automatically either.

So before  I find out how to cancel my weebly promote subscription, and move over to somewhere with these features, can anyone help please? 

Message 1 of 4
Report Inappropriate Content
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Hi @Forginthecraft, thanks for clarifying! 

At the moment, the Membership feature is not available in the UK so you won't be able to use this as one of the automation rule. Right now, the automated email can only be triggered if a customer has made a purchase OR enter their email add...

Because of how automated emails are setup, there isn't a clear way to move customers to a new sequence once the first one is completed. In this case, an alternative would be to create segment and send emails out manually instead

We're hoping to bring Square Marketing to the UK which will hopefully address some of these limitations. I don't have an exact date or timeline when Square Marketing will become available but I'll be sure to follow-up on this thread when I have more information.

Tra
Community Manager, Square
Have a burning question to ask in our Question of the Week? Share it with us!

View Best Answer >

Message 4 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Admin

Hey @Forginthecraft!

Before I go ahead and answer these questions - just to clarify, when you say Weebly, you mean Square Online right? Not a separate site built on weebly.com?

️ Isabelle | she/her
Seller Community & Super Seller Program Manager | Square, Inc.
Learn about the Super Seller program!
Message 2 of 4
Beta Member

Hi @isabelle 

Yes my site is a Square site (not Weebly) and I mainly operate on Square Online. 

The email marketing subscription however is still called "Weebly Promote", which is confusing I guess, but that's who my email marketing plan is with... 

I think square Marketing is still being tested for the UK. 

Thanks

Message 3 of 4
Admin

Best Answer

Hi @Forginthecraft, thanks for clarifying! 

At the moment, the Membership feature is not available in the UK so you won't be able to use this as one of the automation rule. Right now, the automated email can only be triggered if a customer has made a purchase OR enter their email add...

Because of how automated emails are setup, there isn't a clear way to move customers to a new sequence once the first one is completed. In this case, an alternative would be to create segment and send emails out manually instead

We're hoping to bring Square Marketing to the UK which will hopefully address some of these limitations. I don't have an exact date or timeline when Square Marketing will become available but I'll be sure to follow-up on this thread when I have more information.

Tra
Community Manager, Square
Have a burning question to ask in our Question of the Week? Share it with us!
Message 4 of 4