x
Agency Partner

Weight Based Shipping Rules

Hello there. I am trying to see what is the most efficient way to set up a fulfillment solution. I have a client who wants an item with a weight of 1 lb or less that could ship First Class or Priority, and any item over 1 lb would ship Priority.  The First Class flat rate of $6 and Priority $10 per item. 

Is this best to program by weight to show these options?

Bradley Basker
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Square Community Moderator

Hello @GriffinCollect,

Thank you for reaching out. We are happy to help. Check out this article on Real- Time Shipping that can help with weight-based shipping. I hope this information helps, if not please let me know. 

Message 2 of 4
Agency Partner

Hello there. No, don't think it does because specifically, the client is looking at USPS as their provider. Is it possible to sync with a USPS account and create real-time zone shipping rules?

Also, in terms of just setting up different shipping options, could we program it to charge certain shipping over a certain weight?

Bradley Basker
Message 3 of 4
Square Community Moderator

Square Online websites are automatically connected to our USPS and DHL master accounts. You would still need to create a shipping rule and specify which courier you would like to use.

Real-Time Shipping provides rate estimates based on the total weight of the items in an order. You can set up weights for your site items when creating or editing an item in Site Items.

Message 4 of 4