x
Admin

Where do you get packing supplies for shipping and delivery? โ€‹โ€‹๐Ÿ“ฆ

Hello everyone!

As we move further into the holiday season, I start thinking more and more about buying gifts online for family and friends. With so much shopping online, my house will become a forest of boxes and envelopes. ๐Ÿ“ฆ ๐Ÿ“ฆ ๐Ÿ“ฆ ๐Ÿ“ฆ ๐Ÿ“ฆ โœ‰๏ธ โœ‰๏ธ โœ‰๏ธ

Where do you get packing supplies and materials for fulfilling orders? The USPS will provide a lot of free envelopes and boxes for priority shipping, but that doesnโ€™t cover shipping through other providers or for items that donโ€™t fit. Thereโ€™s also tape and packing filler to consider.

Have you found an inexpensive or convenient place to get everything you need?

Adam
Seller Community, Platform
Message 1 of 5
2 Best Answers
Super Seller

Best Answer

We are just getting into promoting our online store and doing deliveries. So far we have used ULINE. Not sure if they are the cheapest, but I've seen others use them (I hope they did the research for me ๐Ÿ˜‚).

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 5
Super Seller

Best Answer

First - the USPS flat rate boxes are your friends- especially when you get discounted shipping rates. With that said- never underestimate MY favorite box- the Rate A box. It's lesser known but similar to flat rate in that It has a wide-range of weight tolerance that doesn't change the shipping price (ship price is based upon zone, not weight). Additionally, it is less expensive most times than shipping priority even when you're local due to the current rate increase. For example for a 2 lb box local it's $8.08 flat rate A but $8.65 priority. After a while that adds up.

For shipping supples we recycle whatever packing material we can- especially packing peanuts. We also get a lot of supplies from ULINE- I think they have a few warehouses, but if you're in the tri-state area the are a one-day ship.

Also- we use Stamps.com so we're able to toggle between USPS and UPS rates- sometimes we will ship UPS ground if it is too heavy.

And- finally reminder- it's worth it to get delivery confirmation via signature on expensive orders!

Dina
Co-Owner Amityville Apothecary
www.shopamityvilleapothecary.com
Instagram | TikTok @AmityvilleApothecary

Podcast: Apothecary After Dark (YouTube & Spotify)

View Best Answer >

Message 4 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Super Seller

Best Answer

We are just getting into promoting our online store and doing deliveries. So far we have used ULINE. Not sure if they are the cheapest, but I've seen others use them (I hope they did the research for me ๐Ÿ˜‚).

Message 2 of 5
Admin

Nice! Thanks for the suggestion, @TCSlaguna! This is the place, right? https://www.uline.com

Adam
Message 3 of 5
Super Seller

Best Answer

First - the USPS flat rate boxes are your friends- especially when you get discounted shipping rates. With that said- never underestimate MY favorite box- the Rate A box. It's lesser known but similar to flat rate in that It has a wide-range of weight tolerance that doesn't change the shipping price (ship price is based upon zone, not weight). Additionally, it is less expensive most times than shipping priority even when you're local due to the current rate increase. For example for a 2 lb box local it's $8.08 flat rate A but $8.65 priority. After a while that adds up.

For shipping supples we recycle whatever packing material we can- especially packing peanuts. We also get a lot of supplies from ULINE- I think they have a few warehouses, but if you're in the tri-state area the are a one-day ship.

Also- we use Stamps.com so we're able to toggle between USPS and UPS rates- sometimes we will ship UPS ground if it is too heavy.

And- finally reminder- it's worth it to get delivery confirmation via signature on expensive orders!

Dina
Co-Owner Amityville Apothecary
www.shopamityvilleapothecary.com
Instagram | TikTok @AmityvilleApothecary

Podcast: Apothecary After Dark (YouTube & Spotify)
Message 4 of 5
Admin

That's a really great tip, @DLRosenberg. That 50+ cent difference can add up very quickly.

Adam
Message 5 of 5