x

Why can’t I log into square on my Mac book air?

I’ve got a picture but I don’t know how to add it. It says

“new to square” sign up

then “forgot password”?

then just the sign in button

no area to input sign in details. 
Im new to laptops so please if anyone can help me get my freaking account open on this laptop that I bought FOR THIS REASON AND IM FEELING LIKE WTF DID I BUY THIS FOR?! Mac book air 6,2 

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Super Seller

Hello @LexVibes thanks for your post. I'm not sure why you wouldn't be able to log into your Square account. I suspect it is a browser-level issue. I would try different browsers and see if that makes a difference. Sometimes Safari on a Mac can be a big problem, especially if the Mac is older and the website is using newer technologies. Try Safari, but also try Chrome and Firefox. You may need to download these other web browsers but I suspect this may be your issue.

Are you able to sign in to your Square account on any other devices...iPad, phone, etc.?

Message 2 of 4

I am using chrome,  At first it wasn’t securing the page, so I googled that watched a video and “trusted” certificates. Now the page is secure and WILL load but will not give me the space to input my user name and password. I will try fire fox next. And yes, I’m able to log into it via my phone. Thank you. If you can think of anything else or browser type advice even though it’s not square related, I’d be so grateful. Thank you again. 

Message 3 of 4
Square Community Moderator

Just want to add that if you are still having trouble logging in, @LexVibes you can reach out to the Square support team. They may need to escalate this to the advanced support team in order to adjust some login settings for you. 

Message 4 of 4