x

Why is there a "This Connection is Not Private" message on my Square Online Store?

The title of this post has been edited from the original: Online Store: This Connection is Not Private??

Online Store: This Connection is Not Private??

Few months ago,  I switched domain from shopify to square online store powered by Weebly. Recently I received customers messages stated that my website(www.sunnymspecialty.com) is not working properly. It sometimes display "This Connection is Not Private. This website may be impersonating www.sunnymspecialty.com to steal your personal or financial information..." I tried to republish the website today, it seems to be working fine on my notebook but not the mobile device(iPhone/fb, ig and direct address are not working ).What can I do to solve this?

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Alumni

Are you still experiencing this issue, @MK8889? I tried accessing your website from my laptop (Chrome web browser) as well as from my Android mobile device (Chrome web browser). The website looks great, and I didn't run into any errors.

It sounds like you may have made some DNS changes - these can take 24 - 48 hours to propagate in some cases, and that would explain why it took some time for your site to start working.

Let us know if you still need help!

Valentina
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 8

I'm having the same issue on my site. www.wilderacres.ca

Any resolution?

Message 3 of 8
Alumni

Ah, I see the error you're. Could be an issue with your DNS settings. Reaching out to our Square Online Team to see what's up. 

I'll follow up via DM when I have an update. @Wilder7

Justin
Message 4 of 8

I am having the same issue... how to fix this problem?

Message 5 of 8
Square Community Moderator

Hi there @onandoff

Welcome to the Community! I am taking a look at your Square Online store currently, and it does look like the connection is showing as Secure. Are you able to check the website from a private browser? 

Ellie
Message 6 of 8

Hello, I just published our site www.fawnovermarket.ca switching it from a squarespace site. I am getting this same error message now. How do I resolve it? Thank you

Message 7 of 8
Square Community Moderator

Hi there @FawnOverMarket,

It looks like the SSL is working on that website, sometimes it can take a full 48 hours to propagate over. If you are still getting an error, we recommend clearing your cache and visiting the website again. 

Ellie
Message 8 of 8