x
Beta Member

create a manual online order

Hi is there a way to create an online order for someone and mark as paid ( so they paid me cash) 
but i still have to make to item so it would be useful to see it in my orders section and be treated as though they checked out online so i can still mark and in progress and posted ect... 

Invoicing isnt the way as I like to see the items/orders i have to make next instead of going through and seeing if invoices have been paid so i dont use those I use my online website but if people place manual orders from me id still like them to be added to square orders so i can see and update my workload hope that makes sense... Any suggestions 

Message 1 of 5
Report Inappropriate Content
4 REPLIES 4
Admin

Hi @Anicreatesncuts, thanks for your post! At the moment, the ability to create shipping orders isn't available with the Square Point of Sales app. However, this functionality is available with the Square for Retail Plus. You can find out more about the Retail app here

When you have the Retail app, you can create an order by:

1. Select an item to Add to Cart.

2. Tap Create Order.

3. Add Customer and select an existing customer or create a new customer.

4. Tap Add Fulfillment.

5. Select Shipping.

6. Under Fulfillment Details, select or create a shipping address and apply a shipping fee.

7. Tap Done > Charge.

This post has been updated with new information. 

Tra
Community Manager, Square
Have a burning question to ask in our Question of the Week? Share it with us!
Message 2 of 5
Beta Member

Hi @tranguyen I have downloaded the Square Retail ( Free version) app. The help topics suggest that a new order can be created for Shipping but I don’t have that option. Any thoughts?  Thanks

https://the-ungrateful-wench.square.site
Message 3 of 5
Admin

Hey @tonydow, thank you for checking in! From the last time I check in with the team regarding this, the ability to create order for Shipping from the app is no longer available on the Square for Retail free app and is only available with the Square for Retail Plus version.

Apology for the confusion here! 

Tra
Community Manager, Square
Have a burning question to ask in our Question of the Week? Share it with us!
Message 4 of 5
Beta Member

Thanks @tranguyen could i suggest that the support docs and version comparison tables make this clearer and your answer above also indicates that this is available on the free version.

https://the-ungrateful-wench.square.site
Message 5 of 5