x

custom domain fees for "new" existing store

I hope someone can explain the email that I received today about the move to the new Square stores on July 15th.

I help run a small non-profit youth group. We don't have very much in the way of funds. We originally set up our Square store about four years ago as a way to make it easier to collect donations and fees from our members. We use a custom domain that I pay a 3rd party registrar $12/year and have used it with our store from inception.

Now as of July 15th, it seems our existing store will be migrated over to the new store format and that this time next year we will have the privilege of being charged for something that we have used for several years now. The $6/month to use the custom domain is more than 6x what I pay for the domain for a whole year. I would love to know why the new fee is being applied. Will we have a reduction in the processing fee to offset this new domain fee?

If using the custom domain for the old stores didn't cost anything why will it in the new stores? Especially since this new fee is a recurring monthly cost to the store owner. A one time set up fee, depending on the amount, would be easier to swallow.

We will definitely look for other alternatives over the next 12 months. The pricing for the free users is getting a little crazy.

Message 1 of 1
0 REPLIES 0