x

delivery window communication to customers

Hi.  I have set up my delivery settings to show a 30m to 3 hour lead time for delivery.  When I look at my orders in the square app it shows this correctly however the weebly order form which we can print and the customer email from weebly show the delivery start time only, not the window.  So I am getting a lot of complaints from customers about their deliveries being late.  So for example, when a customer selects 10am - where and when are they informed that delivery will be between 10.30am and 1pm (based on my lead time settings).

Also, ideally, I would like to have delivery windows rather than times.  So for example, customer can select an AM delivery or a PM delivery.  

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Admin

Hey @srohor, thanks for your message,

The customer should be seeing a delivery time frame in a few places - I actually ran through the process to check and it looks as though it is shown in a number of places including the email. 

Within the cart:

Again at the bottom of cart:

On the checkout page:

Then it's also on the confirmation page:

And the order confirmation SMS (not pictured) and email (pictured below):

Are you able to show an image of what your customers are seeing, if it's different the above examples, or let me know if I've missed something here? I'm wondering if you may just need to tweak some settings on the back end?

If you'd like support to look further into how your account is set up (something we're not able to do via our community forum), please give them a call on 1800 760 137. Lines are open Mon-Fri, 9am-5pm Melbourne time!

In terms of having set delivery time frames, this is currently something we're hoping to introduce to the platform in the future - you can read more via the feature request thread for this here.

Seamus
Square, Australia
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 4

Thanks for the quick reply!  I can't work out how to post images here but I think the issue is for scheduled deliveries (which almost all of mine are).  I have a copy of an email as an example that shows the selected time the customer chose (10am) which is also what's visible when choosing a scheduled delivery time.  But at my end on the square app it shows the delivery window that reflects the lead times in my settings (10.30am to 1pm).  It is this window that I would like the customer see too on their end.

Message 3 of 4
Admin

Hey @srohor,

Without being able to look further into what you're seeing here it's very difficult for me to troubleshoot further, as running through the process of booking a scheduled delivery I was not able to replicate the issue! 

With that said though, your best bet is to contact support for this one via the above number. They're going to be able to get a far better insight into what's going on here than I am 🙂

FYI you can post a photo by clicking on the camera icon above then locating the image on your computer/mobile device!

Screenshot 2020-09-28 at 4.42.22 PM.png

Seamus
Square, Australia
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 4