x

dogecoin

Hello: I own and operate a small business, looking to accept Dogecoin as a means of payment.  Any news on when this may become available and what type of wallet they will provide.  Thanks!

Message 1 of 8
1 Best Answer
Square Community Moderator

Best Answer

Hey there, @mdhammack

Welcome to the Community! 

I don't have an update on the Feature Request to use Dogecoin as a form of payment, but I appreciate you taking the time to reach out about it. 

Once an update is available, one of our Community Moderators will create a Product Update to post in the Community. 

Thanks again for posting!

Kassi
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Square Community Moderator

Best Answer

Hey there, @mdhammack

Welcome to the Community! 

I don't have an update on the Feature Request to use Dogecoin as a form of payment, but I appreciate you taking the time to reach out about it. 

Once an update is available, one of our Community Moderators will create a Product Update to post in the Community. 

Thanks again for posting!

Kassi
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 8

Any updates on when we will be able to take Dogecoin or any crypto currencies? 

Message 3 of 8

Or if Square won't be directly accepting crypto, is there an app that is compatible with Square to accept crypto?

Message 4 of 8

I’m learning about CoinGate, apparently it’s a system that instantly assesses the value of a coin versus USDT for a retail purchase. Think Square should investigate

Message 5 of 8

Something called BitPay that also assesses the current value of a coin versus USDT and allows for a transaction. Square needs to address these new forms of payment. There are several “community” questions and inquiries on integrating a means to accept crypto as a firm of payment in the Square system; however, Square appears to be ignoring the discussion. Not going away, if anything, may be inevitable!!!

Message 6 of 8
Beta Member

If Square owns Cash App that sells crypto currency and they(Square) changed their name to "Block" for the blockchain, then we should be discussing how to accept crypto currency often. 

Message 7 of 8
Beta Member

I too would like to see crypto integrated with square. 

Message 8 of 8