x

modifer

How do I get the modifier to do a drop down box where only ONE choice can be selected for each item? I have the box checked on the modifier, but some items are showing check boxes and says "please check all that apply". THEY CANNOT SELECT MORE THAN ONE!!!!! I cannot have that!!!! What do I do? This is supposed to go live tomorrow!!

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Square Community Moderator

Hi @cwesseler! Thanks for reaching out. I've copied the directions from this help article for how to limit your modifier choices to one option. 

1. Tap the three horizontal lines in the upper right corner to navigate to the menu.
  2. Tap Items > Modifiers > Create Modifier Set.
  3. Enter a name for the modifier set > select the items you’d like to apply it to.
  4. Toggle on Customer must only select one option to limit modifier selection at the time of sale. Leave this setting toggled off to allow multiple modifiers to be chosen.
  5. Enter the modifier options and their price points.
  6. Tap Save.

Let me know if you have any other questions. 🙂

AshleyK
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 4

I did that and it worked on some of the items. I found out that I have to go into each item and click on the gear on the right of the modifier and select a minimum and maximum. You would think that this would be able to be set in the creation of the modifier or when I say that customer can only select one. That did not happen. It is like there was a developer change made behind the scenes that did not account for this? 

Message 3 of 4
Square Community Moderator

@cwesseler yes, sometimes you do have to go in and manually select this for certain items. I've noticed this happens mostly when there is more than one modifier for the item, but it is a known behavior that we are taking feedback on.

AshleyK
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 4