x

newby inventory question

i have set up a website in "online" section of square.

I have imported items in the "Items" section of square.

I have several problems.

1. Why are the items not showing in the online section?

2. I have a duplicate category in the online section which is not in the items section. I can't seem to get it to stop showing up on some page of the website.

3. Is there any way to import the pictures so do i have to add them all individually?

4. Where do i add the pictures as i can't see anywhere in items section and the items are not in the online section?

Hope someone can help 🙂

Message 1 of 20
Report Inappropriate Content
2 Best Answers
Beta Member

Best Answer

Pictures are added in the same place as above for each item. I think they have to be uploaded individually.

https://the-ungrateful-wench.square.site

View Best Answer >

Message 4 of 20
Admin

Best Answer

Does this happen every time you make the browser smaller @cassie75

We haven't made any formatting changes recently. Item images should typically have a 1:1 aspect ratio, where 600x600 pixels is generally a good size. Any over a 641 pixel width will begin to zoom in on the photo.

Breffni
Community Moderator, Ireland, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question

View Best Answer >

Message 14 of 20
19 REPLIES 19
Beta Member

Hi @cassie75     If your items are not showing on the website, check their visibility. From the dashboard, go to Online / Items / Site items. In the Visibility section of each item there are three options - Visible, Hidden and Unavailable. To show on the website, each one needs to be set as Visible. Hope this helps. Tony

Message 2 of 20

Hi - that's brilliant, i had forgotten that the design site was only a part of that section.

That's question 1 answered, can anyone suggest an answer for the pictures problems 3 & 4, i hope question 2 will sort its self out at some point 🙂

Message 3 of 20
Beta Member

Best Answer

Pictures are added in the same place as above for each item. I think they have to be uploaded individually.

Message 4 of 20
Beta Member

Just noticed if you are importing picture there you can select multiples

Message 5 of 20

ok will take a look. guess i will have to assign each picture to each item individually, i was hoping i could add a link to the picture in the excel file.

Thanks for all your help and so quick too

I have about 1000 to do so better get on with it 🙂

Message 6 of 20

Done a few of the pictures and seem to have a problem with them not showing when you click the option.

I have a item called Stitchlets which has 80+ different designs - which are the pictures i am adding. What i had assumed would happen would be that when a customer chooses an option from the drop down list the picture would change to the right picture for that option.

All the pictures are there down the side and you can click one to view it, but it does not change the options.

Am i just trying to get it to do more than it can?

The only other option i have is to make each option its own item, which would mean a page with 80+ items on it which is a bit longer than i wanted really.

Message 7 of 20
Beta Member

I’m afraid you are right. The pictures are only linked to the item so can’t change to match an option. A possible workaround, and not automatic so certainly not ideal, would be to have a unique reference in each option and the corresponding reference annotated on the relevant picture. You would need to explain this relationship in the description or somewhere. A lot of work for you but food for thought. Maybe someone else can come up with a different solution.

Message 8 of 20
Admin

Hey @cassie75, I'd like to look into this further! Would you mind sharing a link to the Stichlets item with me?

Usually, you should be able to specify image for individual variations so that when customer select a particular one, the right image would populate. For example, here's what I've setup for an item in the backend.

Screenshot 2021-05-24 at 14.16.54.png

And here's what should appear when I select the option as a customer.

Screenshot 2021-05-24 at 14.17.01.png

It sounds like this may not be working as expected, so if I can get a link to the item, that'll help be investigate it further on my end and check with the appropriate team as well. 

Tra
Community Manager, Square
Have a burning question to ask in our Question of the Week? Share it with us!
Message 9 of 20

Sorry for a late reply on this. The above worked, for a while. It was great, you clicked the picture, or an option from the drop down list and it changed the picture. All my pictures are 1:1

BUT now there is a problem because you have changed how it works. Before it just took the one picture and showed it large. Now all the pictures are on a horizontal slide show and clicking a side picture moves you along the slide show (which seems to be just one long picture). BUT it does not move you correctly, there is slippage, by the time you get to the last option you only see a tiny bit of the picture and a lot of the one before - really not good.

Why change what was working ? !!!

https://knitting-yarn.square.site/product/Faux-Fur-PomPom-11/66?cp=true&sa=true&sbp=false&q=false

Message 10 of 20
Beta Member

I have just looked at your site. Firstly I couldn’t find an item called Stitchlets. Otherwise it appears to be working okay on the ones I looked at. You can select either from the vertical list of images or the drop-down list and it displays the one selected. Tony

Message 11 of 20
Admin

Hi @cassie75

Just stepping in for Tra here. 

I opened up the link you provided above on Google Chrome, minimised it (as small as possible) and flicked through the variations several times from the sidebar and the drop down menu. 

I wasn't able to replicate any error with the images. 

Can you let me know what browser you experienced this issue on and if possible send a screenshot? It's easier for us to replicate and troubleshoot that way.

I'll keep an eye out for your response. 

Breffni
Message 12 of 20

Firefox. I tend to have my browser at 3/4 size so i can see other things on my desktop too. It was when my browser was that size when i opened the site.

Message 13 of 20
Admin

Best Answer

Does this happen every time you make the browser smaller @cassie75

We haven't made any formatting changes recently. Item images should typically have a 1:1 aspect ratio, where 600x600 pixels is generally a good size. Any over a 641 pixel width will begin to zoom in on the photo.

Breffni
Message 14 of 20

every time i open the site with the browser smaller than maximised it happens. If i change the size of the browser it seems to "fix" the problem. But this did not happen when i first created the site, I have always worked on a 3/4 size browser.

So what has changed in the last few months?

BTW i don't really know why i both with the site anyway as we have had zero orders via it, its a good job we have our own websites too which use the same SEO and are very busy - but that's a whole other question 🙂

Message 15 of 20
Admin

I haven't been able to replicate this unfortunately @cassie75. In order for me to be able to escalate this to our Square Online team for further investigating I'd need to get a screenshot of the exact issue from you. For instructions on how to take a screenshot, visit take-a-screenshot.org.

Breffni
Message 16 of 20

cassie75_1-1642070787371.png

Message 17 of 20
Square Community Moderator

Hi @cassie75, thanks for the screenshot. I have escalated this to our Square Online team. I will get back to you when I have an update. In the meantime, can you try on a different browser such as Chrome and let me know if you continue experiencing this?

Emma
Community Manager, Square
Message 18 of 20

i have 2 sites and the link above goes to the one without stitchlets. I have found that if you open the website with the browser not maximised it causes a problem. If you then maximise it the site works ok. but if you then minimise it down to mobile phone width the formatting goes completely wrong.

I thought the programe used was supposed to support all different widths and formats. What am i supposed to tell customers, only use this site if you have the browser maximised?

Message 19 of 20
Beta Member

In the online editor you can preview your site in desktop or mobile format. Other than that, I will have to leave it to someone from Square to advise.

Message 20 of 20