x

order updated on another device

When we mark an order as picked up in the point of sale app, we get the error "order updated on another device," but we do not consciously have the orders open anywhere else. Have any of you gotten that error? How did you solve it? It does not seem to affect the processing of the orders. It is just a bit odd.

Tags (1)
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Admin

Hey @KKD-

Thanks for posting in the Seller Community. We're unfamiliar with this error message.

When you have no pending payments, please delete and reinstall the POS app. If you continue to experience this issue, please give us a call so we can file a ticket with our Engineering Team if need be. Sorry about this! 

️ Isabelle | she/her
Seller Community & Super Seller Program Manager | Square, Inc.
Learn about the Super Seller program!
Message 2 of 8

I also had this message pop up today.  I was updating shipping status (adding tracking) to an order from my MacBook and this message popped up in a yellow bar.  I retried and it went through. 🤷‍♀️

Message 3 of 8
Alumni

@SunnieUSA thank you for letting us know. We will escalate this up to our teams to let them know. 

Alex_
Community Moderator, Square // Moderador de la Comunidad, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Inicie seción y haga clic en Marcar como "Mejor Respuesta" si mi respuesta contesta su pregunta.
Message 4 of 8

I got that message every once and awhile. But now, regardless of the computer or network I use, I get it every time. When I go to mark it done a second it works just fine. This is frustrating, especially when you are doing a list of 10, 20 or 30 orders! Adding extra time to do a simple task!

Message 5 of 8
Square Community Moderator

Welcome back to the Community, @JayWoodford -

Were you able to give the troubleshooting steps a try that Isabelle had mentioned above? 

Make sure you don't have any pending payments before deleting your app. If you have delete with pending payments, they will be deleted. 

If this doesn't do the trick, then reach out to our CS Team directly for a deeper look. Also, they could send a ticket to our engineers, if needed. 

Kassi
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 6 of 8

This is happening to us on every online order now, both when you mark an order in process, and when you mark an order ready,, We are using the Square register. Is there a fix yet?

Message 7 of 8
Square Community Moderator

Hi @twistedSicilian Sorry for the troubles! 

Is this the only device you are using? I have not come across this error before, but it sounds like it may be something that our team will need to investigate.

Have you had a chance to reach out to the support team? A rep can escalate this to our engineers if it is flagged as a bug. 

Message 8 of 8