x

"Add to Cart" Not working

No browsers are working with our online store.  Customers can't purchase because the Add to Cart button will not work on ANY browser.  nothing is helping - Troubleshooting is worthless.  Can't find a way to contact Square. Does anyone know how to do this? 

Message 1 of 31
1 Best Answer
Super Seller

Best Answer

Hello @BCAFOnline !

That's interesting that you're seeing this issue. Is it with every item or just one specific one?

A couple of things could be the culprit if it's one specific item:

-If you have options/variations on the item, make sure they are available in your location via the main (not online) dashboard. If you are trying to sell an item with a variation not enabled in that location, I've seen some wonky results.

-Does your item have mandatory modifiers? If it does, you can't add the item to the cart until a modifier is selected. Mandatory modifiers have a red asterisk on them when you view your item on the customer side of the online store.

If it's the whole store, that sounds like a configuration issue. Make sure your store is accepting orders and that your hours of operation are set.

If those ideas don't help, please post a link to your website here. We may be able to see something from the customer side that's tripping things up.

Ryan Wanner
Golden Pine Coffee Roasters
Colorado Springs, CO, USA

Super Seller: I know stuff.
Beta Tester: I break stuff.
he/him/hey you/coffee guy/whatever.

Happy Selling!

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 31
30 REPLIES 30
Super Seller

Best Answer

Hello @BCAFOnline !

That's interesting that you're seeing this issue. Is it with every item or just one specific one?

A couple of things could be the culprit if it's one specific item:

-If you have options/variations on the item, make sure they are available in your location via the main (not online) dashboard. If you are trying to sell an item with a variation not enabled in that location, I've seen some wonky results.

-Does your item have mandatory modifiers? If it does, you can't add the item to the cart until a modifier is selected. Mandatory modifiers have a red asterisk on them when you view your item on the customer side of the online store.

If it's the whole store, that sounds like a configuration issue. Make sure your store is accepting orders and that your hours of operation are set.

If those ideas don't help, please post a link to your website here. We may be able to see something from the customer side that's tripping things up.

Ryan Wanner

Happy Selling!
Message 2 of 31

I'm having the same problem. Customers are unable to checkout so I can't make sales. So frustrating and can't even call to figure this out!!!

Message 3 of 31
Alumni

Hi @CaliStrongFit!

I appreciate you posting on this thread, and sorry to hear your frustration, but are you having issues running through the tips @ryanwanner mentioned above in his post? They should help with your issue. 

If not, our CS Team needs to take a deeper look. Here's the link to contact them. 

Justin
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 31

Message 5 of 31

Gamechangernation.com the cart is not working. I need help fixing it. Please assist at your earliest convenience.

Message 6 of 31
Super Seller

Hey @Robohanna --

I just went to your website and I am able to add items to the cart and get all the way to the checkout screen.

If you've been banging around with the design and layout, you may be looking at an old version in your web browser. Clear your cookies and history then close and reopen your browser. I think you're ready to go!

Ryan Wanner

Happy Selling!
Message 7 of 31

Hi Ryanwanner… I cleared my history and cookies and closed and reopened the browser and I am still not being allowed into my shopping cart. I also went through my phone and several other devices and I’m not being allowed to shop on my site. I’m trying to upload a screenshot image of what I’m getting on the site but this application wont allow it. 

Basically when I try to buy the message comes up “Nothing in Cart” 

Help!!!!

Message 8 of 31
Super Seller

@RobohannaOkay that's really weird....

Here is what I'm seeing when I add items to your cart:

gamechanger.jpg

(and yes, adding screen shots from your phone to the website definitely can be problematic...)

The thing I'm seeing that may be causing some of the problems is the error about Fulfillment methods. Make sure all your items are set to one fulfillment: for your setup I'm assuming Pickup would be the way to go. If you're not doing any shipping make sure you have the shipping options disabled. Since I'm not nearby you, the site tried to default to shipping which caused some errors. If you are doing shipping, make sure that the items that can be shipped are the only items enabled for shipping.

The other thing that's a little off-putting is the fact that your site is not coming up as not secure (that padlock with the red line in it by your website address). When I try to go to the secured version of the site (https:// version), I don't get to your page. Who is hosting your site? If it's not Square, get with your webhost and have them configure the site correctly. If it is hosted with Square, there may be a problem with your configuration. Check out this community post for more assistance.

Let me know if any of this helps please!

Ryan Wanner

Happy Selling!
Message 9 of 31
Square Community Moderator

Hey 👋 Just wanted to jump in real quick.

It looks like you have a custom domain that is setup to forward with masking. The SSL will not work with this type of forward, which means the checkout page will be disabled, or not function properly. 

If you go to your Square site you will see that the items are adding to the cart properly. 

To fix this, please upgrade your site to a paid hosting plan so that you can properly connect the domain name to your Square site

Otherwise, you can try to remove the masking part of the forward, and just have the domain forward to game-changer-nation-202362.square.site

Please let us know if you have any other questions about this. 😊

Message 10 of 31
Super Seller

@BernadetteAfor the win! 😎

Ryan Wanner

Happy Selling!
Message 11 of 31

Message 12 of 31

Welcome to the Seller Community @sacredjewelry 👋

I believe your issue has to do with your Square account. Can you please reach out to support when you have a chance so that a rep can go over the settings with you? 

Message 13 of 31
Super Seller

I am having this same issue on BronzePalms.shop it has been having the tax error for about a week now. @RobynR @BernadetteA 

UV-Free Tanning Salon Owner, Northern California (Campbell)
Message 14 of 31

@Bronze_Palms

After looking at your site, your  'add to cart' seems to work fine on my end. Can you please provide a screenshot of what you're experiencing so I can gain further insight?

Also, can you explain a little more about this "tax error?"

I look forward to your reply.

Message 15 of 31
Super Seller

Here is the tax error

Message 16 of 31
Super Seller

Here is the add to cart issue

Message 17 of 31

@Bronze_Palms I don't see any attached images or screenshots. Can you please reply with the attachments again?

Message 18 of 31
Super Seller

@RobynR thanks in advance for your help!

Message 19 of 31

Hello,

Thanks for posting. Here is my website. I can't add ANY items to cart. https://ptacarpenter.square.site/

Message 20 of 31

Hi @CCC3909  - I'm sorry to hear that this issue with your Square Online Store has brought you to the Seller Community😥

This does sound off, but it's difficult to pinpoint what may be happening without looking at your account with you, which we aren't able to do via the Seller Community. For this type of issue, I suggest that you get in touch with our Square Online Support Team. If you haven't already, please reach out to Support directly by logging into your Square account and heading here.

Violet
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 21 of 31