x

online store address issues with Order now template

Hi Guys

not sure this is the correct area to post but i have had really frustrating, ongoing issues with the pop up requesting a delivery address in the square online store "order now" template (as opposed to shop all) I just want customers to fill their cart then enter the address ( hopefully as manually as possible at check out) as we are in a rural setting 

the pop up jumps in requesting their address which invariably they can't find, get frustrated and leave site without making a sale

Message 1 of 21
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Hello @Rusky. Thanks for posting in our Seller Community!

Unfortunately there's not a way to turn that popup off with the "Order Online" template. At least, not right now there isn't. The "Shop All" template doesn't have that popup (sound like you're already aware), so you could switch to that template as somewhat of a workaround if it's been too confusing for your customers.

I'll pass this to our Product team so that they're aware of the frustration that this is causing for your customers. That's definitely an experience we don't want them to have, and money we don't want you to lose out on.

Bea_
Beta Community Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Evaluate | Influence | Engage

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 21
20 REPLIES 20
Admin

Best Answer

Hello @Rusky. Thanks for posting in our Seller Community!

Unfortunately there's not a way to turn that popup off with the "Order Online" template. At least, not right now there isn't. The "Shop All" template doesn't have that popup (sound like you're already aware), so you could switch to that template as somewhat of a workaround if it's been too confusing for your customers.

I'll pass this to our Product team so that they're aware of the frustration that this is causing for your customers. That's definitely an experience we don't want them to have, and money we don't want you to lose out on.

Bea_
Join the Beta Community
Message 2 of 21

Thank you Nika, escalating with you team would be great . The order online template seems so very straight forward to order from and I am at a loss to replicate this feel with the shop all template. Is there any rapid pointers you could give me?

Message 3 of 21
Admin

@Rusky I wish I had some pointers to share besides switching the template. 😥 That's all I've got for now.

Bea_
Join the Beta Community
Message 4 of 21

😁thanks anyway!

Message 5 of 21

Hi, my client is doing delivery doing only. But when viewing the online menu for her site, there is a popup that requires the customer to put in their location in order to see the menu. It's causing some obstacles for clients out of the delivery area to view the menu. Is there any way to remove this pop up so anyone can view the online menu? Thanks. 

Message 6 of 21
Square Community Moderator

Hey there, @tara_ 

Thank you for posting in the Community! 

I have moved your post to a thread where another seller had a similar question on the pop-up window you're seeing. 

Being able to turn off that feature is a feature request, unfortunately. This will add your voice to the request for our Product Team. 

Kassi
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 7 of 21

As a single location business, I think is not necessary and maybe confusing showing our customers a "Select Pick up location" along with a "find nearest store" box.
Can this be removed for customers with locations >=1?

Screen Shot 2021-04-11 at 1.34.55 PM.png

Message 8 of 21

Hey @Heaven1,

I moved your post to a thread where this question has been answered already.

Check out the Best Answer above for details. 

In the future, don't hesitate to search your question first here or on the Support Center for your quickest answer too!

Ashley C
Message 9 of 21

How do I get rid of a popup asking if it is pick-up/delivery when they haven't been able to see my online store to know if they even like anything I sell. I feel as if it too pushy. I looked under pop up and marketing but no luck. Can anyone help me???

Message 10 of 21

I should also add that when this pop up if you even want to call it that appears it gives my potential customers the wrong pickup and delivery times.snipit.PNG 

Message 11 of 21

In my store first thing it asks is pick up or delivery almost like a pop up. Am I able to delete that? Customers haven't even been able to see what I offer. Trying to resolve this for days.... please help.

Message 12 of 21

HI, you can check a couple of places to see what may be the issue.

Is Pickup & Delivery properly setup?

Online Dashboard, Settings, Pickup & Delivery, upper right Advanced Settings, Default Fulfillment Method

Does each item correctly state its fulfillment method?

Checkout Fulfillment Method properly setup?

Online Dashboard, Settings, Checkout, upper right Advanced Settings, scroll down to Default Fulfillment Method

If these do not work, please submit a screenshot? and a link to your store to see what the popup customer's are seeing?

Hope this helps!

Terri

🛍 Shop my store

Resale Collection - http://bit.ly/HangerHues

Hope This Helps!
TERRI
Message 13 of 21

@Goldneye I really appreciate you getting back to me. I am so tired of trying to figure this out. Nothing is working. I designed a site for my brother about 6 months ago and it didnt at all give me this issue so I am hoping its a simple and quick fix. But, again thank you for your help with this. 

I did as you stated in your post and I had done all that.... see attached screen shots.

Here is the link to the website as well.

https://cakers-coco-bombs.square.site/

Screen Shots-advanced settings.PNGadvanced settings 1.PNGadvanced settings 2.PNG

Message 14 of 21

HI, this is odd.  I do see in the first screenshot only Pickup is selected and in the second screenshot both pickup and delivery are selected.  Is that correct?

Terri

🛍 Shop my store

Resale Collection - http://bit.ly/HangerHues

Hope This Helps!
TERRI
Message 15 of 21

I think it is odd as well. I seen what you were talking about in your previous post. It didn't matter what I set it to it still popped up.

Message 16 of 21

FIXED IT!!!!! YAAYYYYYY!! If I change my site from restaurant to retail it stops it from doing that. Thank you again for your time and help in resolving this. Have a wonderful day!

Message 17 of 21
Beta Member

@dallasdally  You mentioned that you "FIXED IT" by changing your site to "retail". I have searched and searched for that option but can't find it. Could you please point me in the location to change this.

Also, by "FIXED IT", do you mean that your customers are no longer presented with the "Select pickup location" pop-up at all? I just started having this show up after many months using our online store and it is frustrating that there isn't an easy way to get rid of it.

Also, have you had any side effects from changing your your site to "retail"?

Thanks!

Message 18 of 21

Hey @dallydal,

I moved your post to an existing thread where another seller had the same question.

Check out the Best Answer for more details.

Ashley C
Message 19 of 21
Beta Member

I made the mistake of going into the Shipping setup on my online store today. I had never changed anything there previously but was considering offering shipping on a couple of our items. I have not enabled any items for shipping but now every time someone enters our online-store or refreshes their page they must get through the "Select pickup location" screen. It is unacceptable to keep asking our customers to get past this screen to enter our store and was not happening before.

How can I get back to the previous behavior of NOT prompting our customers for "Select pickup location"?

Message 20 of 21

The Pop-up is a "Restaurant Style" template feature (Online>website>Edit website>Pages:Home>Under Category Pages you'll see either Select All or Online Order. Online order is the "Restaurant Style" with the annoying pop-up) We have a restaurant and honestly don't find it very useful. Granted, most of the people going to our e-commerce store are there for the sole purpose of making a purchase, but still, we should be able to turn it on and off.
Another frustrating part is offering the customer to search and select a location when there's ONLY ONE LOCATION. Can you guys don't show that when there's only one location?

Message 21 of 21