x

website not secure

Hi, I changed my domain over from google on Monday and am setting it up on square to use as a online store. I have added products and published the site. I can see it on my phone just not Chrome or Edge. When I type in my url mellynartglass.com it will not come up I get this:
This site can’t be reached

Check if there is a typo in mellynartglass.com.

• If spelling is correct, try running Windows Network Diagnostics.
DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN

I also get your connection is not secure to your site. I read thru the other ssl issues on this forum  and have unpublish and published. Please help me figure out how to make my site secure so I can start selling. Thank you so much,
Lori
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Super Seller

Hey there @lorimellyn!

I think I may know the issue here and how to fix it...

It appears the SSL certificate has not managed to be assigned to the already published site, could you please unpublish, then republish your site, this should fix this issue effective immediately.

If this does resolve your issue, please like it as best answer to help other sellers with similar issues in the future!

Matt - He/They
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question!
mjdws
Shop MJD Photography
Visit MJD Web Services
Message 2 of 10
Super Seller

Oops- I just read the end of the post and it appears you've tried this and it failed, I'll continue to troubleshoot for you and tag @Helen for further advice...

Matt - He/They
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question!
mjdws
Shop MJD Photography
Visit MJD Web Services
Message 3 of 10

thank you so much, I really appreciate it.  Have a great day, Lori

Message 4 of 10
Square Community Moderator

Hi @lorimellyn I just checked your site, and can see that it is loading as secure now. 

Domain DNS can take up to 24-48 hours to update if the DNS settings are changed. This includes changes made to the DNS after a domain is registered or transferred. 

The SSL certificate can also take a day or two to configure, although usually happens much quicker. 

Please let us know if you are still having an issue on your end. Thanks! ☺️

Message 5 of 10

Thank you so much I talked to support and they fixed it for me.  Great customer service.  

Message 6 of 10

Awe, glad to hear! ❤️

Message 7 of 10

When typing my site into google on my computer it says the connection is not private and brings me to a site that doesn't look like mine, but same name. However, when using my site link through the Instagram app on my phone, it brings up my site normally. How can I fix this?

Message 8 of 10
Beta Member

Hi Whitney11,

You may want to provide some additional details - for example, what's your web site name and URL - that will allow others to take a look.   Just a guess here - if you can access your site via another device and/or method but, not via your computer then it would appear that issue "may" be with your computer.  Things like adware, odd browser plug-ins and/or a virus can cause unexpected results.   Any of these examples can redirect you another site.   You can also contact a friend and ask them to try your site - if they are successful, suggest running some virus scans on your computer.

jk

Message 9 of 10

Hi @whitney11 - Thanks for reaching out to us with your question. I see this is your first post in the Seller Community so I'd like to officially welcome you! 🎉👏

I went ahead and merged your post to an existing thread where other Square Sellers have discussed securing Square Online Store sites. We merge duplicate conversations together to keep like comments in one place, and to make it easier for others to find the thread in the future. 

Thank you, @JK_Fiber_Art for your response here! 🙏

Violet
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 10 of 10