x
Beta Member

Add Multipliers to Modifiers!

I can't believe this wasn't added prior to the app's food order release. This is basic UI for customers to order things with additional items but may need more than one of those additional modifiers. For example if a breakfast meal allows customers to add extra bacon or hasbrown; the modifier only allows one addition not multiples.

JustEat, Deliveroo, Uber Eats, all major hubs have this feature implemented. I hope many others are thinking the same. It's literally instead of a checkbox a dial or arrows of a number which they can change if they want more than one of that same modifier.

Message 1 of 6
Report Inappropriate Content
5 REPLIES 5
Admin

Hi @thecafeguy, thank you for your post!

While this feature isn't available with the standard Square Point of Sale app, I know that the Square for Restaurants app have a feature call Conversational Modifiers, which include options like "add", "extra", "side", "sub" etc. which may help address the issue you are facing. You can now accessSquare for Restaurants for free as well. 

I will be sure to also pass this feedback to our Product team so they can consider adding this to the standard Square Point of Sale. 

Tra
Community Manager, Square
Have a burning question to ask in our Question of the Week? Share it with us!
Message 2 of 6
Super Seller

I know this is on the POS board - but I read it as being a request for the online side too @tranguyen

Itโ€™s easier to chat to your customers & pop in a note but online there is only the screen so guess itโ€™s even more important. The information is also customer facing so work arounds like 1x, 2x, 3x as separate modifiers are a lot less elegant. 

Pizza Is Chill

Message 3 of 6
Admin

Thanks for that @Sam_400ยบ! I can definitely see how the workaround of creating multiple modifiers can definitely be messy.

I've flagged this to the Square Online team now as well as a feature request for future releases. Aside from either using the text box modifier or having each add on as a different modifier & the choice as one, two or three, I don't see any other workaround. If I come across something, I'll be sure to share it here as well!

Tra
Message 4 of 6
Beta Member

Sorry I wasn't very clear on my initial post. This was meant for the online side of things. The conversational matter through POS isn't too much of a deal but when customers are on their own online things get tricky especially when they're used to simpler things like JustEat. It just needs to be straightforward and not several lists that make it confusing.

Message 5 of 6
Admin

All good, thanks for clarifying @thecafeguy! I've moved the thread to a more relevant board so it'll be reviewed by the correct team and have flagged it as a feature request too.

Tra
Message 6 of 6