x

Add quantities to the items view for customers?

When a customer views an item, they can see if stock is low or if it is out of stock (two options which can be turned on and off).

Would it be possible to add the actual numbers in stock? I have customers who are buying (for example) 20 badges. If there's only (for example) 10 in stock, it's more than the low stock number but less than they want. So, they may want to order 10, but apart from incrementing the number to order until they are not allowed to any more, I can't see any way of them knowing how much they CAN order.

Is this something that can be considered for a future upgrade - or is it already there and I've missed it.

thanks

Alan

Message 1 of 4
Report Inappropriate Content
3 REPLIES 3
Admin

Hi @alansh, thanks for your post! Making stock quantities visible to customer is not currently a feature on Square. I can definitely see how it'd be an useful feature to have so I'll definitely flag this as a feature request to our team. 

Right now, you can set a low inventory indicator so that any item with less than 5 in stocks will have a low inventory banner across it. While it doesn't specify the number of stock left, at least it'll give customers some kind of indication on how much they can order. 

Screenshot 2021-01-15 at 09.22.00.png

Tra
Community Manager, Square
Have a burning question to ask in our Question of the Week? Share it with us!
Message 2 of 4

Thanks Tra,

Yes, I know about the flags - I have those enabled. If you could ask about adding a number as well (you must have the information as you know about low stock), that would be brilliant.

Cheers

Alan

Message 3 of 4
Beta Member

I would love this feature to be available, especially when we start selling tickets to an event, it would allow people to see if there are enough tickets left for their group size

Chris Harding
Message 4 of 4