x

Adding a Royal Mail Tracking number to 'Shipped emails'

Hi, 

I sent an email to the square support team asking why we have an option to add a tracking number to our shipping details, but when the customer receives the email, there is no tracking number on it. As Royal Mail are struggling with demand at the moment, we are getting lots of enquiries on where their package is, so have to constantly send out tracking numbers on a separate email, which is frustrating and time consuming.

Square support responded that they currently don't have an option to add a custom tracking number to customer emails, but will look at it as a future feature and to post in here to share the suggestion. 

Would it not be easy to add this to the customer's shipped email, especially as there is already an "optional" tracking number box in the shipping details setup??

It would benefit our business by allowing the customers to track their deliveries without having to go through us and would save us a lot of wasted time having to send several extra emails with tracking numbers to each customer.

Does anyone else suffer with this problem or can they suggest some alternatives for our business?

Many thanks

Message 1 of 6
Report Inappropriate Content
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Hi @Shorties and @tonydow, thank you for flagging this! At the moment, there are two places where you can complete an order and mark it as shipped: either from your Square Dashboard > Orders or from Square Dashboard > Online > Orders. 

ink - 2021-01-22T105446.254.png

Both of these will let you add tracking information when you are completing your orders. However, for the tracking information to be shown in the email to customers, it needs to be add from Square Dashboard > Online > Orders (the one on the right hand side). It'll be shown in the email like this.

ink - 2021-01-22T105709.625.png

I've flagged this to our team so we can make the two systems work the same but for now, if you complete orders from your Square Online site rather than the Square dashboard, it should included the tracking number in all emails.

I hope this will help!

Tra
Community Manager, Square
Have a burning question to ask in our Question of the Week? Share it with us!

View Best Answer >

Message 3 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Beta Member

@Shorties Thanks for pointing this out. I have been entering tracking numbers but wasn’t aware the customer didn’t receive them. This is another example of why I would like to be copied on emails received by customers.

https://the-ungrateful-wench.square.site
Message 2 of 6
Admin

Best Answer

Hi @Shorties and @tonydow, thank you for flagging this! At the moment, there are two places where you can complete an order and mark it as shipped: either from your Square Dashboard > Orders or from Square Dashboard > Online > Orders. 

ink - 2021-01-22T105446.254.png

Both of these will let you add tracking information when you are completing your orders. However, for the tracking information to be shown in the email to customers, it needs to be add from Square Dashboard > Online > Orders (the one on the right hand side). It'll be shown in the email like this.

ink - 2021-01-22T105709.625.png

I've flagged this to our team so we can make the two systems work the same but for now, if you complete orders from your Square Online site rather than the Square dashboard, it should included the tracking number in all emails.

I hope this will help!

Tra
Message 3 of 6

Hi Tranguyen,

Thank you for your response. We have been going through the online part when adding tracking numbers to orders, but the customers still don't seem to receive them on their emails. We will try again with this weekend's orders and come back to you.

Many thanks,

Shorties

Message 4 of 6
Admin

Do let me know if adding it via the Square Online site backend rather than the Square Dashboard doesn't solve the issue @Shorties! I can definitely check in with our team to see if there might be some issue I'm unaware of. 

Tra
Message 5 of 6

Thanks Tranguyen, 

It seems that we were putting the tracking numbers in via the order page and not the online order page. This has now been resolved. Thank you for your help

Message 6 of 6