x
Beta Member

Any way to add logic to stock management?

Is the any way to add logic into the stock management? We are an events bar, and I would love to be able to use the stock management more efficiently. At the moment it's great for bottled items, or canned, but when It gets to things I pour out, it becomes a little messed up.

For example, if I have a cask of beer, it has 36 pints in it, so I can put 36, but we also sell half pints, if I was to have 36 pints and 72 half pints, it would think we had double the stock we actually have. 

It would be great if I was able to "teach" the stock management, that if we sell a half pint, that reduces the total stock, not just stock from the half pint section, this would also apply to spirits and wine, where we sell wine by the small glass, large glass or bottle. 

I know this would take time to set up, but it could be implimented almost like a category? I could click "750ml wine" as a profile, so the interface knows what im using, and the same for a 70cl bottle of spirits. 

Thanks all!

Message 1 of 7
Report Inappropriate Content
1 Best Answer
Square Community Moderator

Best Answer

Hey @TheTavern! Thanks for flagging this to us!

Unfortunately, ingredient level tracking is a feature request at the moment. But I definitely think that this is a great idea! I'll make sure to pass your feedback to our product team, hopefully, this is something that they'll be able to integrate into our products in the future. Keep an eye out on the Seller Community, we'll be sure to announce it here if this feature gets released.

However, it is possible through an integration with our partner, Market Man. With the MarketMan and Square integration, youโ€™ll be able to:

• Streamline your procurement, delivery, and restaurant accounting.
  • View inventory levels in real-time.
  • Track and eliminate waste.
  • Compare your best-selling items.
  • Manage your purchase history.

If you have any questions about getting started with MarketManโ€”including their plans and pricingโ€”you may also want to take a look at their Support Center.

I hope this helps, let me know if you have any other questions I can help with!

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Best Answer

Hey @TheTavern! Thanks for flagging this to us!

Unfortunately, ingredient level tracking is a feature request at the moment. But I definitely think that this is a great idea! I'll make sure to pass your feedback to our product team, hopefully, this is something that they'll be able to integrate into our products in the future. Keep an eye out on the Seller Community, we'll be sure to announce it here if this feature gets released.

However, it is possible through an integration with our partner, Market Man. With the MarketMan and Square integration, youโ€™ll be able to:

• Streamline your procurement, delivery, and restaurant accounting.
  • View inventory levels in real-time.
  • Track and eliminate waste.
  • Compare your best-selling items.
  • Manage your purchase history.

If you have any questions about getting started with MarketManโ€”including their plans and pricingโ€”you may also want to take a look at their Support Center.

I hope this helps, let me know if you have any other questions I can help with!

Message 2 of 7
Beta Member

Thanks so much, market man was something we had considered, but honestly we are trying not to over complicate things, especially as we want any staff member on a till to see the stock of an item like they currently can with our canned goods, and pre bottled goods. The Is stuff that they would see in marketman that they have no need to see, like invoices etc. 

For us we just need simple inventory management that expands on what square already has, but I should be able to teach it that the is 28 shots in a bottle of vodka, or 14 doubles, and if I sell 5 doubles, I have 18 singles left in it. 

I would 100% expect this to be a feature that we have to teach ourselves and set up, as all industries have their own needs, but would love to see the foundations of this get implemented!

Message 3 of 7

Thanks for your reply @TheTavernand for the detailed explanation of what you need from our product, we'll definitely take this on board. We'll make sure to announce any new product features here on the Seller Community, so keep an eye out! ๐Ÿ˜Š

Message 4 of 7
Beta Member

Thanks so much!

Message 5 of 7

We're in the same position with managing alcohol stock... is there any update, or @TheTavern have you found a workaround solution?

Message 6 of 7
Admin

Hi @LeeKCH, thanks for your post. 

Have you had a look at our Sell-by units and stock conversion feature available on Square for Retail Plus? It may be worth testing it out and seeing if it would work for your business, you can sign up for a free trial of Retail to see. Otherwise, our other solution would be what is suggested by Skyler above, our integration with MarketMan. 

Breffni
Community Moderator, Ireland, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question โœจ
Message 7 of 7